X

Ride to work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride to work

On my way into work this morning I had a bit of a pucker moment. I decided to take the I25 slab further than I usually do, when I was comming up on an easy left. At this point I'm running about 75 with out a problem then in the corner the rear end of my bike starts to get loose . After doing what we have all been taugh what not to do (Grabbing front brake). I got it back under control. When I finally got to my office I noticed the rubber was plenty of fresh black on the left side. Any ideas why the rear would slide like that?

Chris

Mine 'slipped' like that on spilt diesel fuel one time. Scared the crap outta me!!!
    You can have my Kat when you pry my cold dead butt from upon it.

Comment

Coolant, oil, fuel, condensation, grease and grime on the road..could be anything. You're tires are in good shape overall though?

Comment

road snakes
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

The tires only have 1500 miles on them. I guess its just one of those freaky moments that a newb comes across.

C

Comment

I vote for road snakes, hate those things, ya can't see them until you are on them.

Comment

I hate when cats pee in the middle of the highway. I would have pulled over and looked for the bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                Coolant, oil, fuel, condensation, grease and grime on the road.
                that would be my guess.it's going to happen more.example,powering a little too much out of a turn.it does get less nerve racking.

Comment

I hit a patch of coolant and nearly lost control. I suspect that something similar happened to you.
                  "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

i was making a left turn(no arrow) i mis judge the speed of a car that was coming. got a little scared and gas'd it a bit to much. the back tire slide to the side just a bit i could feel it spinning, i backed off/rear braked and didnt loose any control and made it through the turn fine. but it was scary after i realized what i had done.
                    03 katanika

Comment

Could be that freekin crack filler stuff on the roads, that tar like substance that gets slick as hell when its cold and can be really kinda goowy when its warm.

Comment

Working...
                      X