Katriders 2010 SoCal Rally

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Exhaust & Mod Shop

Exhaust & Mod Shop Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:17 AM   #1
Burgman
Skid Mark

Default Trouble fitting B12 bandit headers

Hi

Iv got my 05 b12 bandit mounted nicely in my 96 Kat. But are having grief getting the b12 headers to play the game.
The headers line up perfect at the head and under the sump. But have clearance issues around right fairing and belly fairing to the point of not being able to be used without some serious cutting or pulling out of shape.

Iím not sure what year b12 headers Iíve been supplied with. Is there a different between years?
Has anyone tried the UK Black Widow GSF1200 headers?

Cheers
Burgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:32 AM   #2
Lunatic
Poser

eBay ID: gixer11r

Would it be possible to take the header that you have now, and cut it off after the collector? In essence, making it shorter. Then go an automotive muffler shop and have them bend up a piece of stainless making a joiner pipe to the muffler.
This way, you could keep your existing header without having to purchase another one?
I too am installing a B12 into a smaller Katana but I'm not where you are yet.
Others have mentioned that cutting of the bodywork is necessary when fitting the B12.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:07 AM   #3
Suerte
Katrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Would it be possible to take the header that you have now, and cut it off after the collector? In essence, making it shorter. Then go an automotive muffler shop and have them bend up a piece of stainless making a joiner pipe to the muffler.
This way, you could keep your existing header without having to purchase another one?
Others have mentioned that cutting of the bodywork is necessary when fitting the B12.
What he said
Old 02-10-2018, 01:32 AM   #4
Burgman
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
I though about this when I first couldnít get them to fit right, but was put off by the fact that the original B12 bandit headers are double skinned, making mods that much more difficult and with the H pipes adding to the problem also.
I was hoping I may of had the wrong model!
I ended up buying a set of aftermarket Delkevic GSF1200 headers they look to be a lot tighter, also have the option to remove the troubled #4 pipe for mods if needed. Delkevic have been awesome to deal with so far.

Will keep updated on the fit.

Throttle cable and oil cooler fitting to sort now.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:40 AM   #5
Lunatic
Poser

eBay ID: gixer11r

Post some pictures when you can. Us Canadians need something to look at other then snow.

On anther note: Are you going to use the B12 oil cooler or the one out of the Katana?
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #6
Suerte
Katrider

Suerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #7
zuma
Kat King

Okay, Maynard. Looks like you're needed front and center.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:06 PM   #8
92xjunker
Neo-maxoid-zoomed-bweebie
Supporting Member

eBay ID: guysmustang

Who? Me? I donít play bandits.... my yoshi header didnít fit with the belly fairing. I let it run with the fairing jammed on till it started to melt, turned it off and let it go till it cooled, peeled it off the header and cut around the melted part. No more issues.
If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group
92xjunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:22 AM   #9
Burgman
Skid Mark

My Delkevic headers turned up and fitted like a glove! They fit between the side fairing mounts perfect and only have to cut out the belly pan a little bit.
I need to do a bit of tweeking to the delkevic bandit link pipe that was supplied to make it fit right. But worked out ok.
I'm running a GSX750F oil cooler and made up some custom oil lines and bottom mounts.
I'm still trying to work out how to add photos. Fitting the b12 to my frame seemed easier than uploading some photos!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #10
Suerte
Katrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
My Delkevic headers turned up and fitted like a glove! They fit between the side fairing mounts perfect and only have to cut out the belly pan a little bit.
I need to do a bit of tweeking to the delkevic bandit link pipe that was supplied to make it fit right. But worked out ok.
I'm running a GSX750F oil cooler and made up some custom oil lines and bottom mounts.
I'm still trying to work out how to add photos. Fitting the b12 to my frame seemed easier than uploading some photos!
lol! all you have to do to upload photos is find any photo hosting website, upload to that website then right click the image, select copy image location, then in your post click the image button up top and paste that url in the field. boom done!
Suerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Exhaust & Mod Shop