X

1988 Katana 600 Carb Rebuild Kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Katana 600 Carb Rebuild Kit

I have my kat at the mechanic so he can rebuild the carbs and he wants me to find 4 rebuild kits. I have searched the forum and can't find an answer. I have checked many sites online and called local dealers.

Is there a carb rebuild kit for a 1988 Katana 600? Carbkitscapital.com has the part listed as 48-1945 but they are out of stock and so is the only other place I found them online(partsnmore.com). I am almost to the point where I make the mechanic call the dealer and order individual parts rather than finding a cheaper kit.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by 88kat600il View Post
    I have my kat at the mechanic so he can rebuild the carbs and he wants me to find 4 rebuild kits. I have searched the forum and can't find an answer. I have checked many sites online and called local dealers.

Is there a carb rebuild kit for a 1988 Katana 600? Carbkitscapital.com has the part listed as 48-1945 but they are out of stock and so is the only other place I found them online(partsnmore.com). I am almost to the point where I make the mechanic call the dealer and order individual parts rather than finding a cheaper kit.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    The MECHANIC wants you to find rebuild kits? Isn't that what you're paying him for?

Comment

You really don't have any idea how expensive all the individual parts are do you? My opinion of the 88-89 Katana 600 carbs is not good. IMO you'd be far better off buying a set of rebuilt 90-97 600 carbs and swapping. Which cost money. But if you're considering buying individual parts for some crappy carbs, money obviously isn't a factor.
      Last edited by arsenic; 05-24-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Carb rebuild kits are usually only $15 so that is why I am looking for the kit. I understand it would cost more for the individual parts. I also understand that arsenic sells rebuilt carbs and therefore is biased to just go out and spend $400 on carbs(much more than spending $100 on individual parts).

I am using an independent mechanic to save some bucks since the bike isn't worth much, I don't want to drop a lot of money into it. That is why he wanted me to bring my own parts with. He cut me a deal on labor, so I am just trying to make his life easy.

Comment

$100 on individual parts? You're obviously clueless. The float needle and seat alone are $41.50 EACH. You need 4 of them. Good luck.

Comment

Arsenic doesn't do 88-89 carbs because they suck lol. Parts for those things are hard to come by. There is a way to use the 90-97 carbs on there, but would require a bit of work. It WOULD solve the hard to get parts and sucky carbs issue though.

I'm not even finding the kits on Ebay. Everywhere I looked was out of stock. I think at this point it's going to be a piece by piece thing.

Comment

so your total was $166 for the parts. How is being off by $66 clueless? Thanks for making a new member feel welcome in the forum! Also thanks for not giving me an answer on my original question on if I can find a rebuild kit.

Comment

sudco.com
                Email them. The needle valve assembly is p/n 007-957. The float bowl gasket is p/n 021-875
                so your total was $166 for the parts. How is being off by $66 clueless? Thanks for making a new member feel welcome in the forum! Also thanks for not giving me an answer on my original question on if I can find a rebuild kit.
                Your total isn't $166 for the parts, it's $166 for the float needles and seats. THAT is why you're clueless. You're welcome BTW.
                Last edited by arsenic; 05-24-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help RedKat!!!

Comment

Thanks for your help RedKat!!!
                    For the amount of money you will spend on needles and seats ALONE, you still need A/F screw gaskets, bowl gaskets, and other parts, you will most likely be money ahead by converting to 90-97 carbs at this point. Fo realz.

Needles and seats aren't rebuild kits, just a small part of them. SO the 166 will end up being a lot more in the end.

Comment

Stop while you are in to deep.

If the person who specialize in Katana carbs will not touch the 88-89 model why would you trust an independent mech to get your carbs working properly when he doesn't even know where to get the rebuild kits?
                      http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

cluelessness

Comment

I have 88 carbs and have re-built them twice with no problems other than the usual (stripped screw heads).
                          my re-build kits only cost me £12 each,sorry don't know how much in $.
                          I don't think its the best idea to spend out on new carbs when they can be re-built for a fraction of the cost!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvo View Post
                            I have 88 carbs and have re-built them twice with no problems other than the usual (stripped screw heads).
                            my re-build kits only cost me £12 each,sorry don't know how much in $.
                            I don't think its the best idea to spend out on new carbs when they can be re-built for a fraction of the cost!
                            Kits aren't available here, that's the point. At least none in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                              Kits aren't available here, that's the point. At least none in stock.
                              But even buying them from the uk and with shipping to the us its still a lot cheaper than buying new carbs its a no brain-er really unless the guy doesn't mind wasting money.

Comment

Working...
                              X