Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New Kat Rider (One Month and $800 Later)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kat Rider (One Month and $800 Later)

02 600 katana (sry for the poor quality photos)

So far I have $500 into it paid $300 for the bike it sat for 3 years in beach weather completely uncovered (everything was covered in salt and rust cracked and sun damaged fairings) after a carb rebuild, new gas tank, Pearl black paint job and shit load of cosmetics I think its come along nicely what do you guys think? Currently replacing the gas cap and bar ends thinking about getting a seat cowl, sliders, and maybe white LED's? everything was done myself except the paint job on the fairings but it was free from a co worker. (complete list of what I did is under my garage) Suggestions & Comments Please!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sno3man; 10-14-2014, 07:27 PM.

Welcome, looks good
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Good job, beating old coast corrosion takes some work. I had a Yamaha FJ600 that I sold when I bought a FJ1200. Years later that same bike ended up in the shop I worked in on consignment. I got excited about buying it to have the 600 and 1200 but it was taken to Hawaii after I sold it and did not have a good life while there. Had to pass on reacquainting myself with her.
      Looks like you did a lot of work to get the Kat back to looking good.

Comment

Nice work looks like a lot of work that has paid off.

Comment

Welcome to KR. Looks good and you can't beat the price.

Comment

Welcome!
            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Sharp bike! Im hoping to get my bike repainted this winter.
              My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Welcome. Bike looks good mate, some good work. Always like to see one saved!

Comment

Thanks everyone it turned out a lot better than i thought it would and as for the price i couldn't be more pleased for a first bike. I was forced to use my horrible camera phone but im hoping to get some better quality photos up here soon these pics do this bike no justice, the paint sparkles like crazy in the sunlight. I was originally planning on riding it for a couple months then selling it to upgrade but i am attached to it already lol.

Comment

Looks good!
                    Jason

97' katana 600 street fighter

Comment

I custom made my bar ends out of aluminum bronze lol the black looks nice mines primered gonna paint it black myself hope it looks as good as urs

Also did u get those turn signals on ebay I was looking at a smoke pair a month ago and they dissapeared 2 days before I got paid 41 bucks I missed a steal
                      Last edited by Jar3d200; 10-18-2014, 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      I just wanna ride my bike
                      2001 katana 600

Comment

Sry for the late reply, actually I just used some spray tint only took one coat got it from auto zone in the spray paint area I gotta find it to see what its called but you can see the light through it perfect, I suggest you go with the spray tint it looks a lot better and is a lot cheaper. Also painted my ends black but i took these pics before I did it and they saved my fairings from a drop the first time i rode it trying to turn around lol its got a little chip near the motor but nothing a touch up cant fix. I think the black fairings gives it a slimmer look, if you see my bike in person its black but it has sparkle or flake in it more so in sunlight hard to capture in photos though especially on a camera phone.
                        Last edited by Sno3man; 10-24-2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I have to suggest, T-rex racing spools and frame sliders..Very well made parts! I have their bar ends also but you seem to have that area already covered!
                          Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
                          ~Author Unknown

Comment

WOW, what a change, looks great! Congratulations
                            2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
                            2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
                            1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
                            1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
                            1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Nice effort!
                              Last edited by bcrisp; 04-23-2015, 09:54 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X