No announcement yet.
X

Helmet saved life today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got those sliders in this afternoon, going into the garage to install them!
    sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

ride safe!

Comment

Glad to hear that a life was saved! All I have right now is a helmet. I am looking for the rest of the gear since I have read other stories on this site.

Comment

pics of your sliders
          1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

I don't understand people that don't use helmets?? Might look cool riding without a helment (complete with do-rag and skull scarf) but a crash is gonna be closed casket for sure!
            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Glad to hear the helmet did it's job. My only question is where did your buddy manage to find a 2010 GSX-R600, since they aren't importing any 2010's to the US this year?
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
                I don't understand people that don't use helmets?? Might look cool riding without a helment (complete with do-rag and skull scarf) but a crash is gonna be closed casket for sure!
                Plenty of people crash without helmets and have open casket funerals...

Comment

Far as I'm concerned, helmets are like thinning the herd, survival of the fittest kinda thing. Should it be law? Nope. Would I wear mine even if it wasn't? Ummm heck yes. I ain't trying to become road pizza cause some self centered soccer mom drinking a tall non fat latte talking on her cell phone changing 3 lanes @ a time in a fully loaded minivan cuts me off and waves sorry as she drives off and leaves u a wreck on the freeway. It happened to my buddy. Hit and run. No thanks. I got mine on all the time. Let the idiots take out the too fast machines! That's how I got my Kat for cheap! I'm kinda hoping someone gets a busa and lowsides and I get it for a song. Like I said. Survival of the fittest.

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                    Glad to hear the helmet did it's job. My only question is where did your buddy manage to find a 2010 GSX-R600, since they aren't importing any 2010's to the US this year?

It was an 09, my bad.
                    sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

Originally posted by phroziac View Post
                      Plenty of people crash without helmets and have open casket funerals...

Comment

Originally posted by RebornKat02 View Post
                        Far as I'm concerned, helmets are like thinning the herd, survival of the fittest kinda thing. Should it be law? Nope. Would I wear mine even if it wasn't? Ummm heck yes. I ain't trying to become road pizza cause some self centered soccer mom drinking a tall non fat latte talking on her cell phone changing 3 lanes @ a time in a fully loaded minivan cuts me off and waves sorry as she drives off and leaves u a wreck on the freeway. It happened to my buddy. Hit and run. No thanks. I got mine on all the time. Let the idiots take out the too fast machines! That's how I got my Kat for cheap! I'm kinda hoping someone gets a busa and lowsides and I get it for a song. Like I said. Survival of the fittest.
                        I agree totally man. Nobody has the right to force me to protect myself. But i do protect myself, and i wear a helmet for safety, not because it is the law....

Comment

I always wear my skid lid.
                          sigpic

Ride the twisties!

2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

If I am going more than the 2 blocks to the auto parts or the grocery store at 50Km/h tops, it's FULL leathers and Sidi boots and FULL face helmet.

It's easy to get into my jeep with a t shirt on, but skin grafts and road rash from losing it on a bike is bad news!

I was at a demo day last week and a couple stories were floating around.

1. Local guy was riding wearing MX gear on the street and wiped out. All his mesh melted into his wounds and it all had to be picked out at the hospital. The guy won't talk about it to this day because of all the pain, etc.

2. different guy on freeway loses control at 210Km/h. He is wearing full leathers and gets a scuff on one elbow where he burned through the jacket before he stopped, FROM 210! He walked away with a band-aid.

I'm in the leather camp now. I spent $750 on "basically new" used leathers and boots.
                            What's that, a weeks wages? depending on your career?

I scared myself on a '10 ZX6-R last week. I don't want to be a road crayon. And I was in my full gear.

Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Check out http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm

Ride safe!

Comment

I really appreciate these posts. I don't have many people that I know who ride, so it's refreshing to have folks such as yourself to remind me just how stupid it is to ride without a helmet. Thank you for helping me break away from the life of a squid. I have the helmet, gloves, and protective riding jacket, but I do not know what to do for riding pants. I do most of my riding around town. Does anyone have suggestions for proper riding pants? Leathers, or kevlar reinforced denim, other ideas? Brands and places to buy would be great too.
                              It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

I was in an accident years ago and a good pair of jeans work well. And wear that helmet mine definetly saved my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X