Rough Morning Continued

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Morning Continued

Original Link: http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22666

Ok...I hope you all are not to dissapointed in me...but i gave in and sold the Kat. I felt that it was going to be the only way to collect without going to court. Anyway...I sold it for enough to get me into a new bike. I looked and looked but could not find a Katana at a resonable price (most were way ... way above NADA value...for example 2001 Kat 750 with rust everywhere and a salvaged title for $4000...the guy was crazy).

But i did find a good deal on a 2003 Honda VFR 800 intercepter. In case any of you are interested...so far i love the new bike...much faster...and i was surpised to find out how well it handles in the twisties (much more stable all around even though it only has swing arm).

I hope you all don't mind if i continue to use this forum eventhough I'm Kat-less. I found you all to be a tremendous help on all topics (kat specfic or not).

The Kat i sold: http://badasskat.fara1group.com
    The new VFR: http://jimswoody.fara1group.com

sweet ride

nice color
    You're Welcome,
    - The Social Invalid

Comment

Dang dude that is a sweet looking ride you picked up!!!
      And if the Canadians can ride triumphs why would we want you to leave us..
      Enjoy the new ride..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

sweet viffer. How much is your ins. going up?

Comment

Originally posted by 01blewkat
          sweet viffer. How much is your ins. going up?
          Quite a bit...not because of the bike but because I will be going with full coverage to avoid another incident with an uninsured motorist. I only had libility on the Kat at $45/year.

Full Coverage on the VFR is only about $350/year.

Comment

Bad ass ride dude, how much was it? Stay on the board it dosent matter
            IMO what you ride.

Comment

350/yr.? Thats awesome.

Watch out for the cam chain tensioner. I hear they go bad on them but I'm not sure on what years.

Comment

Originally posted by Colt
                IMO what you ride.
                I bought the viffer for about $1000 (out the door after tax and etc) more than want I got for my Kat.

Comment

Aye, that is a sweet ride.
                  When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - James Marshall Hendrix

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Comment

What did you end up getting for the Kat? I know he was pushing you to sell it to him at way under NADA value...

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

sweet ride, my brother in law has the same bike and it is a great ride, enjoy.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        What did you end up getting for the Kat? I know he was pushing you to sell it to him at way under NADA value...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        He gave me Almost $5000.

Comment

sweet bike.once a member always a member.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kat600
                            IMO what you ride.
                            I bought the viffer for about $1000 (out the door after tax and etc) more than want I got for my Kat.
                            SAY WHAT?!

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2
                              Originally posted by TX_Kat600
                              IMO what you ride.
                              SAY WHAT?!
                              Long story...when i bought the Kat, the steelership did not have title on hand when they sold it to me (which is against the law) and their title cleark was an idiot and dropped the ball. Some 90 + days later they still did not have a change title request in (by law they only have 21 days to do so). Needless to say I got the General Manager involved and threatened law suite for "interference with the use of property"...basically had I wanted to sell it in that time frame I would not have been able to as I did not have a negotiable title. Anyway the GM fired the title cleark and had my new registration within a week....oh I also got $100 gift certificate to a local resturant (don't know why he did not give me one for the motorcycle shop...) to boot. That being said....when getting the viffer I went to the GM...he pulled the records showed me what they paid for it...I gave them $75 more than that price + tax. It was simple shopping no hassle. It also helped that I told him if he makes good now...then I would return to get the wife a bike sometime in January.

Comment

Working...
                              X