X

Help picking bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help picking bike

I am looking at a 600 or 750 Katana. I am upgrading from a Ninja 500. Give me the + & - of booth. I am looking to use it as a couminter back and forth to work & weekend rides with the wife. Thanks

personally if your wife rides with you then the 750 would be better.

both bikes are almost the same size and weight just that the 750 has more power. Now when I traded my old 600 for the 750 I noticed a big differece in handleing but nothing a little riding didn't fix. I find sometimes that people will buy a 600 and a short time later trade it in for a different 600 (honda, Kowi etc) or for a Kat 750.

Comment

Originally posted by andrehendricken
      personally if your wife rides with you then the 750 would be better.

both bikes are almost the same size and weight just that the 750 has more power. Now when I traded my old 600 for the 750 I noticed a big differece in handleing but nothing a little riding didn't fix. I find sometimes that people will buy a 600 and a short time later trade it in for a different 600 (honda, Kowi etc) or for a Kat 750.

I agree with andrehendricken that the 750 would be much better for the 2up riding.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Comment

Go with the 750. Always good to have extra power on tap.

Comment

The Kat 750 is awesome.

Comment

Basics:

Kats are broken down into two categories by year: 1988 - 97, and 98-06.

In the 98+, the differences between the 600 & 750 are pretty much as follows:
              typically, 10 HP and 10-15% torque advantage for the 750. Still, at 42 lb-ft of torque and 65 - 70 HP, the 600 engine will due for most people's real-world commuting and touring needs without any fuss...
              The 750's handlebars get an extra riser plate with an additional vibration damper rubber sheet. This change in handlebar position is good for touring (more upright, less vibes, good for the ergo's), but not so sweet for scratching the curves (less feedback from the road, more upright).
              The rider heel plates are different (asthetics), as are the footpegs (more vibration absorption on the 750's).
              On the '04+ models, the 750 has painted front wheel fender & belly-pan to match/accent the body color; 600 gets solid black fender & belly pan.
              The 750 engine runs at 10.5:1 compression, meaning it is less stressed than the 600 engine's 11.2:1 and should (in theory) last longer -- although either can see 100k miles with proper maintenance.
              Fuel consumption on the two is almost identical, as is fuel-range.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                Is that you're round about way of asking him to use the search feature?

Comment

Working...
                X