X

From Happy to sad in 1.2 sec.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Happy to sad in 1.2 sec.

Well the day today started so good, I got up early and when to change my car alternator. The process took me like 30 minutes, and I was thinking it was going to take me the whole day for that.

Because I was so happy I decided to go to the Suzuki motorcycle dealer, and check for my original decals. I ask the guy to give me a quote for the left side decal of my bike...He looks for it, and guess the price?

$145 w/o tax for that decal, because I can't buy just the part that says Katana.

In just 1.2 seconds I got all sad and mad at the same time, and now I guess that I will have to just change the decals for anithing cool that I can find out there.
    __________________________________________________ _________

$145-wtf
    You're Welcome,
    - The Social Invalid

Comment

sounds to me you are getting ripped off. did you try e-bay or I would try mrcycles.com
      "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

The guy told me "it will be like $35...but let me check"

When he saw the $145 he was like....WTF?????
        Then he told me that it was because I need to get the whole left side decals with the graphics and all.

I just need the decal that say Katana and I am not paying 145 for that.

ebay I can't find the original decals all I finds are custom made. I will buy a pair that say katana and just replace that part in both sides.

-------------------------------------------------------

I left that place running I know they probably wanted to rip me off.

I will go back tho because I saw some rims (chrome) and it said $600 with old rim trade in.
        it sound to good to be true.

Comment

check www.ronayers.com or www.crotchrocket.com

They'll have the originals and should be a bit cheaper than the dealer...
          -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

I believe cyberpoet may still have some decals laying around he'd be willing to sell you.

I took mine off and replaced them with something that I thought looked better anyways.

Comment

Why is your dragon burned in the middle? :P
              -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny1877
                Why is your dragon burned in the middle? :P
                Cause it was too hot to handle...
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I like that dragon!

I will go to a place near my house that they make custom made decals, and I will check the prices. If it is better than getting the originals then I will go for that.

Comment

there is a palce near me that is called 3M Trim Line and they do the decals for cars and trucks. if they don't have what you want they can try and find it on make something better then stock decals. On my old bike they did FZ600, Yamaha, and a few other decals. They were red on silver and it cost me about $100 to get the whole bike done and they put them on the bike for me aswell.

Comment

just take all the decals off, decals are teh gaRy - R.

Comment

Before I stipped off the decals on my 600, I bought a new set in case I wanted them back again. I paid $13 for the set of decals through Beaverton Honda/Suzuki and about the same in UPS.
                        MikeG
                        Central Oregon
                        2006 Suzuki GSX600F
                        (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

I can just take the decal that say katana off, it is the only one that is damage.

I will check those places that make decals for trucks/cars, and see what they can do for me.

Comment

trick tape.com......It also has alot of cool links for the Kat..

Comment

Working...
                            X