X

Thanks for all the help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for all the help!

thanks for the help with my kat which "thinks" its flooded.
    everyone on the topic post and when i pm'd cyber poet asked if i did anything different, i realized i did power wash it right before it acted up.
    Is that a hint .. probably not - but who knows im soooo desperate!!

in case your new to this situation its an 02 600c that when giving it throttle act flooded and bogs and dies.

since problem I changed 4 plugs, fuel filter, added gas treatment - carb cleaner.... and that moved the bogging rpms from approx 3500 to higher, and under load around 4500 - 5000rpm

So it looks like time to rip the carbs apart, just wondering how much a store would charge -- and where the beat diagrams are, i have searched the forums and found pics but no diagrams i have the stock manual..

Thanks again Katriders, and hopefully soon, i will see you on the road!
    should i go to the local Stealer?
    0%
    or attempt myself with a mechanic friend
    0%

It's hard to vote on this topic because it depends time frame and experience...also the possibility of after you do it yourself you may still have to take it in to get it worked on..so if you have the time and you mechanic friend it truely knowlegeable about this then I say go for it and work on it...you'll save some $$ but may take you some time...just my $.02..
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

thanks, yeah i have always worked on my ford trucks and seadoo, but thats nothing like a katana's carb, my buddy did his honda 995 - but thats completely different also...

Comment

Taking the carbs apart to see if the float is stuck isn't too hard a job.

I mean, what's the worst thing that happens? You take them apart, attempt to clean them, and have to go to the shop anyway?

When the bike is idleing, how many RPM is it at?
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

normal 1300-1500, idles great, dont some carbs have 3 different "sections" idle, mid, full throttle. since it idles great could it be other parts...but on all four carbs?? still confused.. but were getting closer. thnx

i did today take it to the party city which is under a mile from my house. starts, can be driven under 4500rpm, then bogs... did seem a little more hot then usual - of course this could be because it had no plastics and was stripped, would it be bad or hurt the motor driving in this condition for few days in till carb "surgery", lol?

Comment

I have a 750 Kat and had a very similar problem. Turned out to be bad gas. Did you explore this option? Search the sight for a fuel treatment run it through add new fuel. My problem cleared up. I also always add stabilizer now. Let me know if this helps or is out of the ballpark.........

Comment

Re: Thanks for all the help!

Originally posted by 02yellow600
              i realized i did power wash it right before it acted up.
              You never mentioned this to me.

Take off the carbs, drain the float bowls, seal 'em back up. Drain the gas tank of at least half (preferably all and dry it out a bit), then put in fresh gas and try it again.

If you power-washed the bike, you may have forced water into the gas tank past the cap seal, which then would have sunk to the lowest spot in the tank, gotten sucked into the carbs (maybe not instantly, but the next time you braked it would have sloshed over the petcock). That water would then end up sitting at the bottom of the float bowls, displacing fuel and making the carbs go artificially lean...

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

CSI: Trenton, "The Katana situation"

Comment

Working...
                X