X

Front End Rub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front End Rub

I took apart my front end to address an issue I am having. I have the front wheel and fender off. I found my rubbing noise I heard. The wheel is rubbing the inside of the front fender. It is the transition from the sidewall to the tread area of the tire that is rubbing. Anyway, looking at the parts fiche, I see I don't have the spacer (#9) between the speedo and the left fork. I have never noticed this before because when I had the wheel off before, 1. I never had extra parts, and 2. when torqued, the castellated nut lines up for the cotter pin.

What am I missing? Is that spacer in the fork? I notice it looks like a spacer in the fork, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks
    Scott

http://www.matison.com/fiche_image_popup.asp?fveh=2119&section=93791&year =1989&make=Suzuki&category=Motorcycles&dc=1015&nam e=FRONT+WHEEL+(MODEL+K%2FL%2FM%2FN%2FP%2FR%2FS%2FT )
    sigpic

The spacer goes into the left fork where the clamp bolt is. Your axle would wobble like hell if you didn't have it because the left side would be unsupported. Also, if you were missing that spacer the brake discs would hit the fork.
    sigpic
    »Ross Wendell
    »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Thats what I needed to know. Thanks.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X