X

1/4 mile times 2006 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 mile times 2006 750

These are my times from last nite July 03/07!

12:70 @106.84
    12:76 @106.45
    12:65 @105.54
    12.76 @106.45

Stock 750, yoshi pipe, rider 6'0 195.
    Attached Files

Looks good man!

Pretty consistent times, I take it this wasn't your first time at the track?
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

The Kat is plenty fast!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Decent times for your fat azz.

j/k! I'm well over your weight.

You're pretty consistent with your runs. Usually noobs are all over the map when they try it for the first time so my guess is this wasn't your first time at the strip.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

The first run was 13.29 @ 104.38 with a bad 60' time, I got the feel of it after that. These bikes are plenty fast and in my opinion the best all round bike on the planet for cruising and performance. I can drive it all day in comfort and hate to put it to bed for the nite, best bike I ever owned. I had the 2004 Z1000 and it pulled a 11.4 @ 125 so I think the Kat did excellent, just a blink of the eye slower, after all what is a second in real time.

Comment

Originally posted by wirefox
            after all what is a second in real time.
            Well, for Indy car driver a second at 230mph is like...a football field...

But In real life, you're right, ain't no big deal. I'd take comfort over a little bit of speed. After a days worth of riding I like to sit down and relax, not have to go to the chiropractor like my gixxer buddies.
            Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
            18v Rigid Drill
            Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

The red ones are the fastest!
              2006 Katana 750+

Comment

The katana is deceptively fast for a steel framed 750... I often wonder what it would have been like with an alloy frame...Great motor...
                "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

How's the take off? Does the front wheel come up any?

Comment

I launched it easy, around 2500-3000 I think, no air or not noticeable anyways.

Comment

Did you tuck in from the start?

Does a drag racing sticky exist? If not, tips tips tips!

I'm excited to see those times. A close friend of mine ran a 12.95 on his 2006 Gixxer so it would be nice to surprise him and keep up with a 16 year old bike :P

Comment

So me running a 12.336 on my 05 600 is damn good then... And yes I have the time slip to prove it for anyone who doubts me.
                        ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

I believe you Qweez.. prehaps you are a good clutch man. The key is knowing your bike...giving enough pre-load to get an excellent launch and powering through the rpm's and getting to the next gear without interruption. On my bike I should still be powering through 3rd gear in a 1/4. I kill inexperience 600 cc SS all the time!
                          Round Rock, TX

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaEvolution
                            Did you tuck in from the start?

Does a drag racing sticky exist? If not, tips tips tips!

I'm excited to see those times. A close friend of mine ran a 12.95 on his 2006 Gixxer so it would be nice to surprise him and keep up with a 16 year old bike :P
                            I did a post for drag racing tips some time ago if you looking for some. This is the url, not sure how else to link it: http://katriders.com/forums/viewtopi...hlight=#225923

All you need it a good sport tire like a pilot power for traction. A light burn out to heat up the tire is all you need. If you still spin, drop tire pressure. If you still spin, drag out the clutch longer...

Comment

I wonder what other times are...

I got a 750 but i'm a new rider..
                              would love to bring it to the track, but i haven't rode it enough.

I got upgrades sprocket, k&n, exhaust, & jet kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X