X

CMRA Double Header, Sept 17/18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMRA Double Header, Sept 17/18

Welp, folks... this is the last ever CMRA race weekend at Race City. They're shutting down the track at the end of the year to make dump run-off ponds (seriously).

http://roadracing.org/upload/media_e...1_r5-6_web.pdf Handout for the weekend....
    As you'll be able to see, I've moved up into Amateur which pretty much screws my entire points system (I'll have not made enough points in Novice to get a good placing, and I won't be able to make enough points in Amateur to even be on the board.... however, making Amateur was one of my two season goals).

Will keep you all posted, as I'm sure it's going to be a very unnerving weekend for me!

Thanks so much for your love and support over the last two seasons. Things are looking up for racing up in Edmonton next year... but that'll be under more discussion this winter.

Chandelle
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Kick some *** KK!

Comment

Love those track handouts. 11th in class going into the last weekend is quite a result considering your injuries and time off the bike this season. I sure hope things workout for you to race in Edmonton next year. Have a safe, fast weekend, and congratulations on your new status as an amateur! Earning and maintaining my national competition license was one of my proudest moments as a racer.
      All of KR is certainly proud of the way you have come up through the sport...You're a class act Chandi, give 'em he11 this weekend!
      Last edited by superbike; 09-12-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

wooooooooooooooooot good luck !
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

what a weekend!

I tell ya, entering Amateur was quite the mindphuck! My laptimes got worse, and I was a bag of nerves for my first three races. Being lapped is a horrible feeling!
          Anyway, I was able to shake it off and enter Sunday's races with a better mentality. I had a great race with a friend of mine. I was on her like white on rice for the first half of the race, then I missed a shift in the south end of the track and she gapped me.
          That race gained me a 4 second drop from Saturday's races, and a new personal best of a 1:33. I wanted a 1:30 soooo badly, but unfortunately it just wasn't in my cards.
          It was an amazing weekend, and a very emotional one for a lot of racers as our track of 25-odd years is closing this year (there are bulldozers on either side of the track just waiting for our seasons to be over).

It was a bittersweet year. I received personal bests, broken bones, a division advancement, and a tonne of new friends.
          But, I'm sort of glad it's over so that I can get my collarbone plated and get on the mend... and let my chequebook rest for a bit (boy does it ever need it!).

Thanks again, so much, for the support and following along with my journey. It's been a helluva ride!

=)
          the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
          # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

good effort. good luck next season and get that shoulder duuuuun
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

couple of pics:

photo coming out of the chute

starting grid for Middleweight Superbike

a little view of what our track condition was like...

coming out of the bus-stop
              # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

Awesome, simply awesome! Determination, guts, pride, bravery, pain. Racing provides all of the senses that makes for a life well lived. Thanks for sharing your ride with all of us! Jim.

Comment

whoa....from that angle the "chute" looks like a scary corner....especially if you're a "cone killer" like me. Awesome body position btw.
                  Last edited by curseboy; 09-19-2011, 04:17 PM. Reason: merge doublepost

Comment

concrete walls on either side of that corner... when i rode off of it last year, i just missed the outside wall.. fun times (in a 'i crapped-my-pants kind of way)
                    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

couple more pics:

in the chute again... inching closer to that wall

corner 4... I could not get corners 3 & 4 together!! stupid corners

going around the carousel

different angle going around the carousel
                      Last edited by kat_kitten; 09-21-2011, 11:43 AM.
                      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

Working...
                      X