No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled the power washer out and really scrubed her and realized i need a paint job bad maybe sunday ill rattle bomb it

Comment

• Originally posted by akarob View Post
      My bike is basically spotless but has some oxidation there by the battery vent too. I should take it out and repaint it.

I installed a new aftermarket mirror that my wife broke off. It looks and fits fine but it vibrates more than the stock one. I think it is missing the metal plate that goes on the back of the glass. It's just a bit annoying. Get what ya pay for I suppose.

I also got some new graphics to put on, I just need to remove the adhesive from the old ones before I can put them on. I can't find anything that works. Carb cleaner softens it up but doesn't dissolve it. I'll post some pictures when I'm done.
      3M makes an adhesive remover #08987
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• I think denatured alcohol works well for that too.
        I invite you to church.

Comment

• Just got it back from the shop, got a new ignition switch, oil, filter. had the fuel from the crankcase removed. $300+ for everything; my seat lock is busted and I have the cable removed and Oakey rigged to get into it. Paid $19 for a new license plate and tag, kinda bitter-sweet since my fairings were messed up from being layed down and high-sided. Thinking of starting a new theme on the bike.
          Grab life by the horns and punch it in the nose!

sigpic

Comment

• Ordered a chain, sprockets and some saddle bags. Going to a 520 chain with 15 front and 50 rear. Me thinks that she could use some bodywork and paint which I might try and do while I'm waiting for my stuff to come in.
            I know, I know, thread is useless with out pics LOL

Comment

• Struggled with some decal adhesive. I peeled the decals off and the glue is a ***** to get off. I worked on it for hours. I did get most off but DAMN is that a pain in the ***! The tecnique that I found worked was a sharp plastic scraper (credit card) is easiest on the paint. Carb cleaner is the only thing that'll loosen the glue - it doesn't dissolve - booger city. Nasty job.
              Last edited by akarob; 05-21-2010, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• took it for its first real ride today. bought a gallon of oil. bought a vega mesh jacket. rode and rode and rode..

Comment

• Installed one of these...http://www.ignitionproducts.com/Ignition/mufflers.html

2006 Katana 750
                  2001 Katana 750 (Deerhunter)
                  2003 Mercury Marauder

Comment

• Rode it all over the place.
                    I invite you to church.

Comment

• if you use a heat gun 90% of the glue comes up with it. i looked at mine... and turned it around so everytime i walk out the door i dont see all the damage

Comment

• Put on some Pilot Powers!
                        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Rode it, and realized my mesh jacket was scratching up the crappy paint job on the tank. Sure wish someone would've used a clear coat or atleast a single stage paint....

Comment

• painted mufflers with high heat black paint, recovered seat (stapled my finger to the seat), fixed abunch of cracks with abs cement, painted gas cap gloss blackand started preping body for a black painted job

Comment

• got in 240 miles of north georgia twisties.
                              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Two things,

1) the last picture that ANYONE posted was on page 243 - 5 pages of text only.

2) it was my picture

I think we all like to see pictures?

Ok, here's one from this weekend. Rode it well.

Last edited by akarob; 05-23-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X