X

any one had a bad crash?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one had a bad crash?

Anybody have a life changing experience on there bike?

I bought my kat new in 04 and was being a dumb arss and went down at 80 mph on a 90 degree turn with no helmet 2 months after i got it, I got very lucky and walked away with some road rash and a bruse that started at my right knee and went up to my shoulder.

I did not fix my bike until last winter and rode it again this summer cost me about 2100 dollars in just parts, i learned my lesson, i dont ride anything like that anymore

I lost control of the Kat after just 48 hours of owning it. It sucked and took me all winter it put it back together.

Comment

I wrecked my 94 CBR 600 F2 I had back in 94. Bought it brand new. Had a car pull out in front of me and I went down. $3600 in damages and I broke my left wrist.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

had a deer to hit me back in Sep. about 1600.00 in parts wasnt going about 50 mph on my way to work at 6.00 am and he keep going can you believe that sh_t. i believe he didnt have ins. but when something hits you in the dark and takes your bike out from under you its one hell of ride

Comment

I got rearended by a car while sittin at a stop light the guy hit me going 45mph through me 15 foot and broke my collar bone in 12 spots and broke my shoulder had surgery about 3 weeks ago and every thing is gettin better now the wreck happened Nov 9th

Comment

uuummm... yeah, I almost died, I was in a coma for 10 days, my right foot got amputated, I can't walk. Thats about as into it as I care to get.

Comment

Never had a bad wreck on a bike. but i did hit a car last september. Had the sun in my eyes blinding me. and the car in front of me stopped and i couldnt see the lights at all. Im an ideot. i know. but i walked away fine. and the bike will be better than ever come spring.
              Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
              6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
              5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Three bad wrecks, not all on street bikes though

My first one I decided to jump a huge hill on a gravel road my 200cc street bike. Same hill that I had jumped 100 times on my dirt bike at aprox 55mph. My street bike was much faster and went a lot higher but completely unable to bring the front end down I landed aprox 150' from the top of the hill. strait up. 12 oclock on the rear fender that forced me into into a 90mph faceplant. I broke my elbow in 3 places.

2nd one I hit a moose on my VT600 on the highway. Broke my hip and my other elbow... both bike and I lived though and are stil together LOL

3rd I had a wipe out on an ATV while tryin to film with my digital cam. Somehow managed to wack my face on a branch and broke my nose.

None of these were life changing in anyway
                Last edited by hardlydangerous; 12-21-2007, 01:00 AM.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Wow , I feel like a wuss talking about MY mishaps now .
                  I wiped out a week after getting the Kat (was my 3rd bike , actually) . Newbie mistake compounded by fatigue . Target fixated on some gravel on a curvy onramp , slid through it , and hit the divider at about 60 . I came out not too bad considering , but the bike had to be towed home , so I went ahead and accepted the ambulance ride to have the rash scrubbed out . Oh yeah , only "gear" I had on was my helmet . I learned jeans are NEVER to be considered "gear" .
                  Fell victim to a booby trap a few years ago . Someone poured a gallon of paint in the road , and it blended so well I never saw it until walking back down the road to find out why we had wrecked (it claimed my friend , too) . Fractured thumb from that one . Had on a mesh jacket , gloves , and of course the helmet . I learned that mesh kinda sucks in even a minor dump such as that .
                  Bounced off a car this summer . Wasn't paying attention , and it wasn't very fast . But leather is Good Stuff . I did more damage to the car than my bike . I learned to WATCH TH FRIGGIN ROAD in that one .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I highsided my 88 Kat on my second day riding. Going too fast for my skill level I hit a curb and flung off the bike. Dislocated my shoulder. One driver was nice enough to stop and ask if I was ok - most drivers barely missed running me over. The guy who stopped knew what to do about my shoulder so he helped me with that and I went on my merry little way to have lunch with my parents and little sisters. To this day they have no idea why I was late.

Attempted to miss a deer on my dads FZR600 and laid it down. Wrecked the left side plastics, the upper, the fairing stay, the case cover, and mirror, and the windscreen. The bike would only shift between 2nd and 3rd gear. I was wearing my race gear. Ground a hole though the shell of my helmet from the slide.

My shoulder HAD healed from the first injury but I had to start physical therapy again. I had a rotator cuff injury from football in high school that I just keep aggravating.

Comment

Canyon racing, 1991, crashed, 9 bones, road rash, hospital, ouch...
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

wow glad im not the only one that can say i was an idiot i hate the thought of going down but not enough to stop riding, remember its when you are going to go down not if you are, I think that everyone does it atleast once, remember the ones that did go down that did not get to walk away, becarfull out there

Comment

Mine was in August. I was going through an intersection when a lady in an Escalade decided to turn in front of me.... Only bad thing was the fact that I was about 15 feet from her going about 45mph. She tried to stop but smacked me anyway.... Damaged to me was fractures at both ends of my tibia and fibula, Sprained ligaments in my ankle, torn ligaments in my dislocated knee, and a gash under my chin.... Damage to the bike was pretty severe. the front was completely gone, clipons bent, and both sides of the engine were cracked open (it was an 07 w/6k miles). Her Escalade had the headlights and grill broken off and a dent in the hood....

Did it change my life? Yeah, a little. I'm walking with a limp and still going to Phys. therapy... Missed 4 months of work so far, and haven't been able to take the bike out of the neighborhood yet... (Hopefully after the new year)...

one other time was in the fog, and nothing happened but a lowside in some grass... Hopped back on and went on my merry way...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Working...
                          X