No announcement yet.
X

Off and running on aB*y

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ditto, only used here, but if it is a certain percent less than the blue book value, then you have to have a notarized bill of sale, so no 1k value for 13k, if you would do that just go under the $250 limit here in wv where you don't have to pay property tax on it.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by DayKat View Post
      So, I got this brand new Busa for $1K even though it's valued @ 13K. OK then, my tax is 1/13 compared to buying locally.

Right thing to do? Feeling guilty? NO!!!
      In Mass they will look up the blue book value and charge you sales tax on that amount even if you say you bought it for less.
      2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
      Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
      2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by DayKat View Post
        So, I got this brand new Busa for $1K even though it's valued @ 13K. OK then, my tax is 1/13 compared to buying locally.

Right thing to do? Feeling guilty? NO!!!
        Lucky, out here in Illinois, if you buy from a dealer, used or new, you have to have a bill of sale proving your purchase price. Last thing I want to do is counterfeit a bill of sale and deal with THAT whole thing.. so I just paid the darn taxes.

Of course, on used vehicles bought from another individual, it's a flat $25 tax regardless of the purchase price.. so you buy a $15k Harley from some random dude, only $25.

Comment

Ahhh... another ebay ad with

REALLY FREAKIN' HUGE FONTS!!!!

That always means it is an especially good deal.
          Simon Alexander
          Owasso, Oklahoma

1973 GT750K Water Buffalo - Gone but never forgotten.
          2006 GSX600F Katana

Comment

i sent a message to them long time ago asking for clarification, no returned answer that really burns me. I guess i might call, or will call if anyone on here is interested.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Good price!

Comment

Working...
              X