X

plans for a gsx1200f?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plans for a gsx1200f?

Would be the perfect bike imo. Don't know if they plan it. They've got the bandit 12 so the 1200f is just bound to happen. If not, I suppose it would be very easy to put the fairings on the bandit
    -1999 White FRC Corvette
    -2003 Black Kawasaki Z1000

The new one is actually a 1250. I don't know if they plan on making a full faired version though.

Comment

I seriously doubt a GSX1250F is in the works,
      Why would suzuki develop another bike that two other bikes already fill the "gap" for. The Gixx 1k and the 'busa. Granted a heavy High Powered bike that is not a busa would be great, but i doubt that the bike S would produce a bike that would take sales away from their two high end frontline bikes.
      About the only way to see a GSX1250F would be someone buying the new 650 and bolting in the bandit engine and replacing the fairings. Now if ALOT of people start doing just that, Suzuki may bow to the wishes of the customers and produce the bike.
      First Suzuki needs to see how the new 650 will be recieved here in the marketplace, with no sales data to work with, If Suzuki would produce this machine, it would be somewhere around 2011 at the earliest.
      *just my 16 years of Retail brains firing off there*

Comment

I think they shuold make a package for the bandit called the "ff" for full fairing. It's the exact same bike only with fairings.
        -1999 White FRC Corvette

Comment

You can buy lower fairings for the 1250 from suzuki. That's your 1250 gsxf since it is just a fully faired 650 bandit. However it would be nice if the sold it as a package.
          Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
          http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
          http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

IMHO, I think the Hayabusa was birthed out of the 1100 Katana.

First - GS1150es

Second - GSX1100F Katana

Third - GSX1300R Hayabusa

To me, you can see the family resemblance when you set them side by side. Even if that's not the case, the Busa fills the niche for a new Big Kat.
            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

the bandit and kat has a big difference in seating position. I wonder if the new 650 gsxf will be full of torque like the bandit motor, or just like the other kat motors.

i was actually suprised suzuki came out with the new gsxf, though a full fairing sport touring bike is missing in the line up, expecially a big full fairing sport tourer. They have two naked bikes, the bking and the bandit.

I am probably betting a full fairing kit for the bandits. Who knows, suzuki might revert back to the days where they made the kat and the rf.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

It took seven years for the BKing to go from prototype to full production (shown originally in '01 as a prototype; hit the market at the end of '07 as an '08 model, if you discount the crap model that got the name inbetween in the UK). In many senses, the ability to release the BKing the way it is now hung off the rework of the Busa engine happening -- which effectively means we should thank the EU for their pollution control AND Kawasaki for pushing the ZX-14, the precursors that made the Busa engine revamp have to happen.

Given that same time-frame, the Suzuki Stratosphere, originally shown as a '05 prototype would be released around 2011 as a 2012 model -- or about what Rodimus said. I'm hoping it won't take that long, as they already had a working engine and video of road-testing of the bike, something they didn't have for the BKing. But unlike the BKing, there is no other competitor or existing model shoving this engine along to speed full production. And retooling to produce 6-cylinder engines would be quite costly... So it may remain a pipe-dream.

Making a 1250 full-faired GSXRFQPDSZ (pick your letters out of your bowl of alphabet soup) will happen ONLY if the dealer channel pushes Suzuki to do it. It's how they decided to do the GSX650F; it was asked for, although they already had a 650 bandit with the same frame & engine. Keep pressing your dealers for a fully-faired Kat replacement in the 1250 engine size and it may well happen; new fairing designs are cheap, fast work in general, as are the cam-reworks that generally go into this kind of thing. Make sure if you do, you also ask for shaft-drive

Finally: given the tail-fairing lines of the Busa, and the existence of the Connie 14, I expect to see a Busa-based sport-tourer out in the next 18 months or so (or at least credible leaks from Suzuki of it coming down the pike in that time-frame). Might not happen, but everything needed for it in general is already in place; the amount of work that would need to go into it is actually a small investment compared to the recent revamp of the Busa. The only question is whether Suzuki sees a market for it...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

do'nt forget the fjr1300! 145 hp, 10 second 1/4 mile, and big and comfy!
                  -1999 White FRC Corvette

Comment

Don't know if you guys have seen it yet, but there is a fully faired 2008 bandit 1250 (with ABS and factory hard luggage even) being sold in Canada now.

(Its the second bike from the left if you go to http://moto.suzuki.ca and select "STREET" )

Its labeled the GSF1250SEA and it actually looks quite nice in person. (Suzuki.ca must be the second crappiest website on the net, and their pics suck HARD).

Seeing as though the 2008 GSX650F which is little more than a fully faired Bandit 650 with a funny nose and a different instrument cluster, has been "unofficially approved" by KR readership has a KAT, maybe that touring bandit could also qualify as a Kat???

Comment

that does cover the big full fairing bike. But is the bandit classified as standard or sport touring? Either way the bandit makes some really nice numbers on the dyno. though the kat and the bandit are similar, they still are different, feels totally the same. i guess we will see, maybe suzuki will put the I6 into the busa and then give the busa motor to the naked bikes and the real new big kat?

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I like the '08 Bandit 1250SEA... but they're not going to offer it in that packaging in the USA (suspect you can buy the parts to do the conversion, but it's not a package deal from Suzuki). Odd, they are offering it that way in both Canada and the UK...

As for the 1250SAE: I'd like to see a bit more fairing protection for bad weather, and more headlight bulbs illuminating the ground (same complaints I have about the GSX650F), plus better gauge package for touring-use (doesn't have to be "fancy", just needs more info available on demand, at least as much as the GSX650F); other than that, it is pretty good-to-go in my book.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

We also finally got the fully-faired SV650S like the UKers in 2008. Don't know if it will make its way to the states either.

Suzuki Canada can't seem to decide if we are closer to the Brits or the Yanks these days. One year they give us the new bandit 650S, the next they take it away but give us a Bandit GT and a SV650Sport...

Of course we've been building unofficial Bandit-GT for years with Givi wingracks and hard boxes but the included lower-fairing this year sweetens the deal a lot. Especially for a $1K package.

Comment

Just took a look at that Kanuk B1250SEA. Pretty sweet! ABS even! But it ain't no Sprint ST!
                            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech View Post
                              Don't know if you guys have seen it yet, but there is a fully faired 2008 bandit 1250 (with ABS and factory hard luggage even) being sold in Canada now.

(Its the second bike from the left if you go to http://moto.suzuki.ca and select "STREET" )

Its labeled the GSF1250SEA and it actually looks quite nice in person. (Suzuki.ca must be the second crappiest website on the net, and their pics suck HARD).

Seeing as though the 2008 GSX650F which is little more than a fully faired Bandit 650 with a funny nose and a different instrument cluster, has been "unofficially approved" by KR readership has a KAT, maybe that touring bandit could also qualify as a Kat???
                              thats a sweet looking bike

Comment

Working...
                              X