Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What's the biggest tire I can put on it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 650 supports 180 rear tire?

Comment

If I can bolt a Busa swing-arm on it can I mod it up to a 240 rear tire kit with a single sided swing-arm ?
      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

"That is what I am talking about!" I totally smoked some hot shot in a Mercedez Binz the other day! It wasent even a challenge to my Kat on the backass country road here in good old wv. I think I bought the right machine for the terrain and comfort. Have fun be safe also the R4 castrol performed beyound expectations Just like the bike

I am sorry my last reply was in refference to "Whiteclovers Posting. I am still loving every second of every day on my Kat, and tomorrows weather report say Good riding is on !
        Last edited by redrider; 12-10-2007, 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm having trouble finding the red blinker fluid. All the local shops only have the clear blinker fluid for the newer bikes, any ideas?

I want to go faster than my friend's Busa. How can I mod the bike to go that fast?

or...

Can someone tell me how to do a stoppie?
          -
          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
            I'm having trouble finding the red blinker fluid. All the local shops only have the clear blinker fluid for the newer bikes, any ideas?
            You need the tri-silicone red coloring additive and you can make your own at home. I'm considering carrying it in my KR-specials thread.

Can someone tell me how to do a stoppie?
            Move. Stop. Repeat with the second step happening progressively faster and faster until you succeed.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
              Move. Stop. Repeat with the second step happening progressively faster and faster until you succeed.
              Or break your back when the bike flips on top of you!

I can't believe some of the stupid questions I've seen on the forums in less than 2 months!

Tell me the truth, though. Has anyone ever asked about "blinker fluid," and it wasn't a joke?
              -
              -

Comment

dude, I get a multitude of douchebag questions everyday. I had one dude the other day tell me his friend is a great mechanic and turbo'd his busa, now he wants it done to his kat, I'm not going to get into FI vs carbs, but jesus christ, seriously.

Comment

There is one born every minute. The military is (or at least used to be) filled with 'em. To keep the dumbest of soldiers busy, we'd send them to change all the summer air in the tires of the entire company's vehicle fleet to winter air... if that wasn't enough, then you'd send them on real goose chases, such as sending them to various other companies' commo departments to search for cans of squelch to fix the static on the radios, and running over to the various airfields to get lengths of flight-line to tie down the whip antennas on the vehicles.

Let's face it, if you are born in downtown Manhattan and only ride the subway or take cabs, what are the odds you'll know a water pump from a power steering pump if you don't luck out in the IQ stakes at over 95 or 100 and have no hands-on experience? Same thing applies to some po-dunk farm boys. And we don't even want to get started with vehicle-ignorant females who get ripped off by pro-level garages around the globe...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

When I was in boy scouts about 25 years ago, we used to tell the noobs (we called them greenies for some reason) to go get dehydrated water, left-handed smoke shifters (and then send them back and tell them they accidentally got a right-handed one), 50 feet of shoreline, etc. Of course we were doing this to 12 year olds. I'm surprised you can still get away with it with adults....but then again, rank has its privileges.
                    -
                    -

Comment

I worked at a gas station with a great auto shop, I worked in the shop and one of the gas station casiers was going to uti to be a tech. Well one day our boss told him to stock the muffler bearings. He was looking and looking, so he finally asked the head mechanic were the muffler bearings were. Without missing a beat he said on the shelf right behind me.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
                        muffler bearings...

You'd think that someone gong to UTI would know a little about mechanics. I know diddley squat, but I know there are no such things a muffler bearings, blinker fluid, etc.

Actually, I'm learning more about mechanics by reading stuff on this site than I ever did from my stepdad (who was a mechanic, among other things).
                        -
                        -

Comment

Hey, my signature says it all.
                          sigpic

Comment

You'd think that someone gong to UTI would know a little about mechanics. I know diddley squat, but I know there are no such things a muffler bearings, blinker fluid, etc.

Actually, I'm learning more about mechanics by reading stuff on this site than I ever did from my stepdad (who was a mechanic, among other things).
                            Yeah, he never graduated UTI, if thats any surprise.

Comment

Where is the Power Steering Fluid Resevoir?
                              and whats the best Steering Dampener I can slap on the fork?

Comment

Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
                                Where is the Power Steering Fluid Resevoir?
                                Under the fork seals. But on a bike it's called Fork Oil, not PS Fluid...

Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
                                and whats the best Steering Dampener I can slap on the fork?
                                The thickest beach towel you can find, soaked liberally.

If you mean the best steering damper, it'll probably be a Scott's Rotary Steering Damper... Available now through your local Ohlins dealer -- hey, that's me!

Cheers,
                                =-= The CyberPoet
                                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                                X