No announcement yet.
X

Installing Jet Kit. How to / When / and how much. Write UP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which kit and how much difference will I get I am also -1/+7 gear. What is the difference between the stages? How hard is this to do?
    here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
    http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Ok I have an 04 600 with a Yoshi full exhaust and a k&n now what do I need to know?
      here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.

Comment

How hard is the jet kit to install and how long does it take?

Comment

Not TOO hard . Hardest part is drilling the EPA caps out .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have a 89 gsx600f and I put k&n air filter pods on it and increased the main jets two sizes up. I havent touched the slow jets yet but I might eventually. Also I got a very sweet deal on a 4-2-1 header off of a drag gsxr that I am goung to cut and put a slip on with which should also help with the exhaust venting/back pressure. I need to change my needle positions because it's droping flat on its face at about 3-5 rpm (way too rich right now). I bought some needle shims but I dont know how many I should put on. I was told that each shim is one jet size up, so I got two shims for each needle. Is that correct or do I just need to change the e-clip position and skip the shims all together? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys.
            "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -H.S.T.

Rest in peace brother.

Comment

Originally posted by dragkota
              Ok I have an 04 600 with a Yoshi full exhaust and a k&n now what do I need to know?
              Man did you even read the first post?

Well read it again if you answered yes because your are asking stuff that is covered in step by step and is very simple to understand.

if you dont want to jet then dont, good luck getting past 1/8th throttle.

Also please dont ask how much its gonna add to performance or whatever because we all have no clue. How bout 1bazillionfafillion hp ? Who knows.

Think of it as making your bike rideable after adding hp goodies like exhaust and intake accessories.

Other then at Id say go inbetween stage 1 and 3 on the mains and try the stage 1 needle clip position with stock adjustments to the mixture screws.

Comment

Originally posted by neoclimber
                I have a 89 gsx600f and I put k&n air filter pods on it and increased the main jets two sizes up. I havent touched the slow jets yet but I might eventually. Also I got a very sweet deal on a 4-2-1 header off of a drag gsxr that I am goung to cut and put a slip on with which should also help with the exhaust venting/back pressure. I need to change my needle positions because it's droping flat on its face at about 3-5 rpm (way too rich right now). I bought some needle shims but I dont know how many I should put on. I was told that each shim is one jet size up, so I got two shims for each needle. Is that correct or do I just need to change the e-clip position and skip the shims all together? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys.
                can you be more clear on "two sizes up" you mean 20 points or you went from like 116 to 118?

if you have a jet kit with e-clip positions why are you f#cking with spacers ??????
                Just go to the recomended stage 1 needle clip position and if it still does it try the stage 3 position which is 1 clip position down.

BTW your leaning out not running rich, your main jets are doing very very little between 3-4k unless your 3-4k excellent @ 1/2 throttle but poor @ full throttle and dont count 1/8th throttle cause thats neither.

Comment

So If I am doing a stage 2 on a 1989 Katana 600 i understand I need 120 and 116's and needle clip position 3. Is that 3 countring from the top down or bottom up. Also were is my pilot screw setting? 2 1/2 turns? Please help thanks.

Comment

Great post donmega! This is a common mod that a lot of riders should learn how to do but often gets overlooked.
                    Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

Ok, sorry about the last post. I have learned a lot in the past couple weeks. This is what I have done and the problems that I'm having. It all started with a friend giving me a set of k&n pods. I removed the stock air box and installed the pods. I installed one size larger main jets on all carbs (sized according to stock sizing). Installed one size larger pilot jets. Adjust float level to max (maybe where my problem is). Set mixture screws at 2.0 turns out and a 3* (degree) ignition advance. She was running rich and falling on her face around 1/8 to 1/4 throttle so I turned the mixture screws 1/2 turn back in. Cleaned fouled plugs and ran. She was still running rich and dropping on her face around same RPM/throttle. I'm thinking I adjusted the floats too high. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running out of ideas. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
                      "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -H.S.T.

Rest in peace brother.

Comment

You shouldn't have changed the pilot jets . NOT necesarry . I found larger ones in mine , and changed them BACK to stock , and have not had to turn them out more than like 3 turns .

Comment

Originally posted by neoclimber
                          Ok, sorry about the last post. I have learned a lot in the past couple weeks. This is what I have done and the problems that I'm having. It all started with a friend giving me a set of k&n pods. I removed the stock air box and installed the pods. I installed one size larger main jets on all carbs (sized according to stock sizing). Installed one size larger pilot jets. Adjust float level to max (maybe where my problem is). Set mixture screws at 2.0 turns out and a 3* (degree) ignition advance. She was running rich and falling on her face around 1/8 to 1/4 throttle so I turned the mixture screws 1/2 turn back in. Cleaned fouled plugs and ran. She was still running rich and dropping on her face around same RPM/throttle. I'm thinking I adjusted the floats too high. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running out of ideas. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
                          Put the stock pilots back in.
                          Try 1 size up on mains, maybe 2 since there pods and not a replacement filter.
                          Try stock setting on needles which is 2 notches down.
                          Mixture screws 3-3.25 out, roughly

Comment

I already tried it with stock pilot jets and she ran worse. She runs better with the new pilot jets. I also already tried two sizes up on the main jets and was running so rich I could have recycled my exhaust. Everything that I listed out that I had done, was all done in stages stopping after each change to see how she ran. Since my last post I have re-adjusted my float levels and it helped but only a little. I then adjusted my mixture screws back in another 1/4 turn and that helped too. The more I think about it the more I feel that it might be fixed with the mixture screws. I will adjust them again tomorrow and let you guys know what happens. Thanks for the advice.

Rest in peace brother.

Comment

Alright... I need help ASAP... I have a 96 750 that I have put a full exhaust and K&N pods. I think I have found the correct jet - 120. I have the needles at level 3 now and think I need to go down to 2. The bike hesitates at around 2500-4500 rpm. The main problem is, the bike will not idle. I have very thoroughly went over the seals and there is not a vacuum leak that I can find anywhere... I will not idle at all unless you keep it slightly revved up... You can twist the throttle and take the rpm to 3500 or more and it works perfect and then on the way back down, the r's stop at 2500 and stay there for about 10 seconds, then it drops down to about 600 rpm and dies.

One last problem, at the bottom of each carb is an... not really an overflow, it comes out the top of the carb, but these are the four 1/4 inch pipes coming out of the bottom of the carbs. They leak gas after you start it or run it for a while. Do I just plug that??? Please help me, I have done everything I can think to do to fix it. I have rejetted several carbs before and never had this trouble before now... Thanks
                              2006 50th ann. R1 (drive weekends only.....), 1996 750 Katana (daily driver), 2004 Dodge SRT-4 (garage queen only 3000 miles), and 2006 Black Dodge Ram SLT (rainy weather driver)

Comment

Those "pipes" make it sound like you have a Ca model . If that's the case , yeah , you'll wanna plug those . If THAT doesn't do it , then it ALSO sounds like your pilot screws are misadjusted or that circuit is dirty .

Comment

Working...
                                X