X

Exhaust sounds.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust sounds.

I hope to eventually have a collection of sounds for the exhausts.. I know i struggled for a while to find the right combination of price and sound. I love the hindles but they were price prohibitive.

If i can compile a list of sounds for the exhausts it might help someone else in their search.

Here is my first attempt at a sound clip... This is a two brothers exhaust on a 04 kat 600. THe bike has not been warmed up yet. Later I will get a better clip of it...
    Attached Files
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

damn that sounds mean!! I like it!!! congrats Z !

Comment

Heres a link for exhaust sounds http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0...ips/index.html
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

yes i know all about those.. but how many are on a Kat? That is my point in doing this or at least starting it. What a kat sounds like with a yosh is different than say a SV or a gsxr...

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Sorry, I did'nt realize you were doing it with just Kats. Damn good idea zliviticus. I'm sure you'll get a hindle or 2 posted
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

If only you started this before the rally, You would have been able to get quite a few different brands.

Comment

That sounds mean. I like that sound better than the hindle.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

lol you need to use better bitrates :P
                Do the recordings at the highest possible setting you can(don't bother with stereo if you only have a mono microphone though)
                try LAME with --alt-preset extreme
                If you need a simple frontend for it try razorlame 8)
                (edit menu/options - to tell it where the LAME exe is
                (edit menu/lame options/ expert tab/tick "only use custom options" - Enter "--alt-preset extreme" without the quotes in the field over the checkbox)
                Rest of the proggy is pretty selfexplanatory

*Goes off to record his stock 90*

-= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

I have a v&h full exhaust on a 96 750 I can record and upload.

Its loud, almost as loud as a d&d , louder then a yoshi

Comment

Originally posted by donmega

Thsi goes from anyone.. if yo ahve a sounds clip of your exhaust on yuor kat email it to me and i will post it up. Also let me knwo what performance mods you have as they can make a difference in the sound.

As far as quality, it was done on a mp3 player with voice recording capabilities.

Comment

Very nice. I need to record my V&H and send it to ya Z.

Comment

That bike sounds like it has a bad case of gas .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Just watch my videos. You can here what my V&H SS2R full system sounds like
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                            Originally posted by donmega

Thsi goes from anyone.. if yo ahve a sounds clip of your exhaust on yuor kat email it to me and i will post it up. Also let me knwo what performance mods you have as they can make a difference in the sound.

As far as quality, it was done on a mp3 player with voice recording capabilities.
                            Yeah ill be using the same thing, just got my new I-river to test out.
                            Finally get to throw out my old cheapie.

Comment

yeah if some guys can get a D&D on here and anyting else. I am really likin the micron on that sportrider sound clips page but there's no clue what bike they used for the clips either.

Comment

Working...
                              X