X

Tire pressure sensor...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire pressure sensor...

The SmarTire Motorcycle System instantly warns you of air pressure loss, allowing you to avoid a dangerous situation. Click here for an animated demo. Additionally, by keeping tires inflated properly, you can maximize performance, fuel economy and tire life all at the same time.

The wireless tire air pressure sensors/transmitters weigh less than 1.5 oz. and are accurate to ±1.5 psi. Straps that accommodate 13" to 22" diameter wheels are used to securely band a sensor to each wheel before the tires are installed. This system works on any motorcycle utilizing tubeless tires and having wheels with a nominal width of 3.0 inches and wider. The sensors/transmitters are equipped with motion detectors that turn them off when the vehicle is parked to prolong their lithium batteries' life (estimated at more than 5 years of normal vehicle use).

The system's small, weatherproof receiver/display unit is placed within reach and sight of the rider. Within the first minute of driving, the system's sensors will broadcast a signal to the receiver to confirm they are operating correctly. The receiver/display must be hardwired directly to a "switched" power circuit.

The Motorcycle Full Function Display comes standard with the Motorcycle System and offers digital pressure and temperature data through a programmable "read-at-a-glance" LCD display.

Here's the rest...
    Buy SmarTire Motorcycle System with Motorcycle Full Function Display and 3rd Gen Wheel Sensors online at discount prices from the Internet Source for SmarTire Motorcycle System with Motorcycle Full Function Display and 3rd Gen Wheel Sensors, Vulcan Tire Sales. Fast shipping of SmarTire Motorcycle System with Motorcycle Full Function Display and 3rd Gen Wheel Sensors directly to you.

Very cool. Wouldn't mind having that piece of mind. Too bad it wasn't a factory installed option with the display built into the dash.
    Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

how do you mount it? The monitors on the wheel I mean. I don't get what it straps to?

Comment

I havent read the entire article, but what i did read intriuged me enough to post it up..I could have definately used this several years ago !

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
          how do you mount it? The monitors on the wheel I mean. I don't get what it straps to?
          It is mounted inside the rim with the tire off...the strap holds it by wrapping around the circumference of the inside of the rim.
          Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

that's pretty sweet. may have to look into this thing.

www.vwvortex.com
            I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
            Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

I hear that the senders are battery-less.
              There is a piezo that works off the tire spin that powers them.
              I could see that for Iron Butt types..
              Not for me though.

Comment

I don't see how that would be of good use since you should check the pressure BEFORE riding, and if the pressure drops while riding you would probably be able to tell by feel. @ $180 I'll stick to using my $3 tire pressure gauge

Comment

Working...
                X