Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Overtightened Jet bolt/ broken inside carbs - what do i need? used set of carbs any1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtightened Jet bolt/ broken inside carbs - what do i need? used set of carbs any1?

can it be repaired? its one of the bolts on the side medium sized jet.. can it be fixed / tooken out and how? do i need new carbs?

2000 kat 600

I have 0 clue what you're asking. Try again.

Comment

`
      Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by latendresse76 View Post
        So why respond?
        So he can post again and I can actually answer the question. That's kinda what I do here, answer question about carbs.

Comment

`
          Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2011, 07:40 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

it broke,the threads are still in the carb.. that piece is long/skinny

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              I have 0 clue what you're asking. Try again.
              So why respond?
              Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              So he can post again and I can actually answer the question. That's kinda what I do here, answer question about carbs.
              So steering them into posting something that will help determine what the actual issue is in terms understandable to others is to hard you can't go that far?

If you got a personal issue with others, use the ignore feature. Otherwise might I point out your response to him was just as ****y as you THINK his was to the OP.

Originally posted by blackice2242 View Post

it broke,the threads are still in the carb.. that piece is long/skinny
              If the part is broke, you can get it out and replace. As long as the carb body is not stripped or broken, your still in good shape.

An E-Z-out or screw extractor may be able to get it out. I have also used a sqare stock piece of metal just slightly larger than the hole, tapped in lightly... to get a jet out before as well.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'd use a 7/64" bit and a number 1 screw extractor. I do that all the time. I just did two today. Pre 98 pilot jets, which is pretty much the same situation you're in. broken stuff in a tube.

Comment

Working...
                X