X

Fork Interchangability

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork Interchangability

Posting here because I am not yet buying or selling any parts for this bike, just looking for advise.

Got a chance to score a 96 Bandit 600, salvage title, frame and motor reported good but fork, front wheel, front brakes gone. Trees still there. All plastic and tank gone, too.

Also have a 01 Bandit 1200 here, complete and no such issues.
    And a 99 GSXR600, complete with no fork issues.
    And a 01 GSX-R1000 fork, inverted, complete except for upper tree, wheel, and brakes.
    And forks but no trees from a later model GS500.

I am trying to put the B-6 back together for either a track bike or as a donor for another B-6 or Kat frame that has a good title. Here's my options as I see them:

1. I buy a Kat fork, brakes and wheel from one of you guys and put it on the B-6 frame. Will it fit?

2. Put the GSXR1000 fork on the GSXR600 frame, thus allowing me to put the GSXR600 fork on the Bandit. Fit?

3. Put the GSXR1000 fork on the GSXR600 frame, the GSXR600 fork on the B-12, and the B-12 fork on the B-6. Fit?

4. Put the GS500 forks on the B-6 trees. Yes, I know, that would give me only single disc, so not optimal. Just trying to get it whole on the cheap, for now.

5. Buy a B-6 fork and be done with it.

Thanks. Free pick from my grab-bag of Katana parts, or most of the misc. brand-x parts I have (you pay only shipping) for the best answer.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

OK I will hold off on all wise assed answers until you get a good one!

I think simple is best. Are the forks 41mm? I would go with the GS forks until you get some of the parts sorted for the GSXR forks (wheels what not) then go with that as the future "super bike"..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      OK I will hold off on all wise assed answers until you get a good one!
      +1

start breaking out the calipers and measuring. Hit up the parts fiche and see what your bearing dimensions are. That should give you a good idea of interchangeability or pain in the a$$edness

Comment

Working...
      X