X

Conti Road Attacks (PSI issue)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conti Road Attacks (PSI issue)

Ok.. I'm having hard time getting my kat into curves.. I dont know if its me or the tires.. Right now I'm running front/rear at 36 lbs.. I talked to Conti and they said on my bike 2006 Kat 750, I should be 36lbs in front and 42lbs in the rear. I'm worried about 42lbs. I don't know what the max tire pressure is on the tire, nor what would happen in 102*.. None the less it feels like the kat just doesn't like leaning. I got a friend with RA's on his SV650. He put his at Conti's recommendation and noticed he can toss his bike around easier than when he ran 36/36 like me. But his only called for 36/39.. Mine's calling for 36/42.

Any tips? Should I bump rear to 39? 42? I weigh 270lbs.

Man, I'm 250 lbs and I keep mine set at 32-33 front and 36 rear, and I"m leaning over far enough to use the outer edges of my tire. Only have about 1 to 2 mm of chicken strip left. And I'm on the same tire.
    Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Drastion View Post
      Man, I'm 250 lbs and I keep mine set at 32-33 front and 36 rear, and I"m leaning over far enough to use the outer edges of my tire. Only have about 1 to 2 mm of chicken strip left. And I'm on the same tire.
      I'm running the original (Dunlops) at the same pressure, tho do not usually put her into corners too hard.

On the cornering, my brother that rides a ZX6 mentioned the samer thing when giving a Kat a try recently. He mentioned that it felt like it was fighting him into the turn...I haven't noticed....suppose I'll have to give a ZX6 a try
      2004 GSX750F

Comment

So you talked to conti, and they told you to run that pressure in tires they designed and built, and you are going to argue with them? Set the pressure, ride it and see what you think. And you look like a sizeable enough dude to be running more than 36 in the back.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

42 psi is the max. says on the tire wall
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
            42 psi is the max. says on the tire wall
            Yeah I just noticed that.. Is that 42 psi cold? Air heats and expands.. I dont want to blow out a rear.. I can only imagine what that will do to me LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
              Yeah I just noticed that.. Is that 42 psi cold?
              Yes
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I got 12,000 miles outta my Road attacks and I ran them 36/41. I weigh 225.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Stock size ?? Or rear is differant

Comment

I'm running 36 front 42 rear in my Road Attacks, and they feel great. I weigh around 180lbs, but also do a lot of 2 up riding with the wife on the back (combined weight of around 330'bs). I've never felt like I was having to push even remotely hard on the bars to get the bike to lay over into a turn at these pressures. I'm running the 120/70 150/70 combo.
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

You are less likely to blow the tire out at the higher pressure - sidewall flex from underinflation and the heat associated with it are more dangerous than 42 psi cold.

Opinions vary.

Comment

Working...
                      X