2011 cbr250r

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 cbr250r

Honda released the new 2011 CBR250R.

Honda Powersports - home of motorcycles, ATVs and side by sides built with legendary quality, innovation and performance.

The new, fuel-injected CBR250R offers everything you want in a first-time bike: Light weight. A powerband that’s immensely user-friendly. Excellent fuel economy. Unmatched reliability. And a fun factor that’s off the chart.

Since the new CBR250R is a Honda, it’s full of features few other bikes in its class can match. And it offers a build quality that means you’ve got dependable cross-town or cross-country transportation.

Best of all, the new CBR250R is available in two versions: the CBR250R and the CBR250R ABS with our Anti-lock Brake System – a first for the segment and a really valuable option that both first-timers and experienced riders will appreciate.
    I am personally excited for this bike. I love small lightweight bikes and Honda's too so this just gives the best of both worlds. If it is priced right I can see one (the ABS model) in my near future. Not as a replacement for my Katana though.
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Pretty cool, and I'm always happy to see low displacement bikes making an entrance to the US market. Not big on the styling, but perhaps it looks better in black. I for one would love to see the CBR125R that Canada gets.

I really do appreciate Honda's honesty too:
    Underseat Storage
    Removing the rear passenger seat provides a lockable area to throw a map, gloves, or a spare set of sunglasses.
    Note the use of the word "OR."
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

apparently there's a 150cc CBR comin' out too... why they'd do a 125 and a 150 is beyond me... but, the wee ones sure do look nice.
      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

One of the admins over on the Ninja 250 site has a CBR150 or maybe it's the CBR125 (he lives in Taiwan) and likes it quite a bit. This new CBR250 will be interesting too, but I wonder what the price will be with the ABS and the fuel injection, and how much power it'll make being a single cylinder. Hmmm..
        Tony
        1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

Like I said, I like it, but I'd still rather ride one of my old CB's instead.
          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Said to have 26hp, which is down by 6 when compare to the ninja 250...

Price would probably be $5k (to make it seem valuable compare to the cbr600rr)... But we all know what you can buy with that kind of money on the used market...2 maybe 3 used ninja 250s.... Or a used 600 that you won't grow out of... Heck, you can find a literbike for $5k...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Not bad, probably does what it's designed to do exceptionally well.

Comment

looks like a mini VFR1200
                if this bike has even half the R&D and results the VFR1200 has it will be an awesome bike.
                Until you have rode the VFR1200 I can't even tell you how amazing that bike is.
                But besides that the small bore bikes are a huge hit here in canada with the CBR 125, EX 250 and the 2008+ Ninja 250R. Kawasaki is sold out every year. The CBR 125 is just WAY underpowered for anything out of town for a mid sized rider. So the 250 will be the perfect first bike for Honda fans
                I wish Suzuki would get on board and bring over or bring back back the FXR125 , GSXR 250, even the 250 Bandit, GSX or GS250 that the rest of the world gets or had at one time.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Even though I love my cbr, Id have to choose the ninja 250 if I was gonna buy one.
                  R.I.P. Marc- 09/20/09

Comment

Looks pretty sweet in black...

Comment

I like it...especially in black.

Comment

It has less power than the ninja 250. It looks better than the older ninjas but worse than the new ones. I would probably get the ninja if i had to choose. Really, i would get the kat because it is faster and i would not grow out of it within the same season. Other de-tuned 600s would not be too bad either.

Comment

Suzuki is offering their TU250, which also fuel injected. I love the styling of it- looks like an old 70's bike. I think they are retailing for $4000.

Comment

Originally posted by newkatbie View Post
                            Really, i would get the kat because it is faster and i would not grow out of it within the same season.
                            Just out of curiosity, what causes one to "grow out of" a motorcycle? I ask because despite the slow, fast, and stupid fast bikes I've ridden, I've never felt this sensation. Are you assuming a bike is grown out of once you aren't afraid of it anymore?..... because while the Busa gave me the giggles when I cracked it open, I haven't found myself actually afraid of any motorcycle for a long time. Does that mean I've outgrown the sport? Or do you think that you have outgrown a bike when you are able to ride it to the limit of its capabilities? If that is the case, then we should probably all be on 250's, because there are probably only a few on this board who could actually race competitively in the 250 classes..... the rest of us just aren't capable of riding those little bikes to their limit. Or do you suppose that a bike is outgrown when you can't find fun in riding it anymore? If that is the case, then I never have to worry about this sensation, because I still get a big kick out of riding XR50's around with my friends.

I don't know..... maybe it's just me, but that statement bothers me a lot. Motorcycling for me has never been about riding the fastest bike that I feel that I can handle. I like to go fast now and then, sure. I like knowing that it takes me all of 11 seconds to get to 120mph when I feel like it....... but taking 10.5 to reach 130mph doesn't really feel any more exciting, and taking 12 seconds to reach 115 doesn't feel slow and boring. I guess I just don't get it.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

When I mention "growing out of a bike" I mean only in the sensation of handling it on a race track...

Pretty much the reason I sold my R1 other than for financial reasons... It was making me feel stupid on the track... Way too much power for a first track bike... I did four trackdays on it and never felt confident enough to take my focus away from the motor...

Again, for financial reasons as well, I've decided to re-launch my track riding on the back of a 250 or 500...(both cost roughly the same $)... However I'll be purchasing 2 bikes for the track to ensure I'm not the only slow poke in the group... I'll drag along a friend if my wife won't be able to make it... And I would be willing to be that we would be two of the happiest people on the track for the day...

Remember:
                              better to ride the slow bike fast...
                              Last edited by allblackkat; 10-28-2010, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X