Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Eeryone gets a squid moment, right? Here's mine.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally did 11.30's on my Kat 750, so it is certainly possible to beat the lambo on a Kat. HOWEVER, if you had raced into really high speeds, the Lambo would hand you your a$$.

I've only been beaten by a car one time, on my first bike (86 GSXR750). I was 15 at the time. The car was a modified AWD Mitsu Eclipse turbo. The road was a twisty, curvy, and sometimes gravel covered backroad. He would eat me up in the corners, but I would make most of it up in the straights. I blame my inexperience, along with the gravel in the corners.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE1000
      There a movie clip about a Ducati 999 and a Lambo. The bike turend better track time than a Lambo, but the Lambo wasn't far out. It was like a fraction of a second. The Kat can't even touch the Lambo.

This Gallardo is about 200k not 150K. Comparing a motorcycle to a high performance cars price wise is like comparing apple to orange. To their owneres they are two different toys.
      im talking price comparison in drag racing sense. most people out there racing red light to red light dont like to be beaten by a thousand dollar bike when they are dirivng a 50k$ car. certainly someone in a 200,000$ car doesnt like to be beaten by a cheap(kat) bike. when you spend 200k and know you can beat most any car that will ever come along it sucks to get blown away by something that costs less than your tires.
      03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
        Originally posted by JohnE1000
        There a movie clip about a Ducati 999 and a Lambo. The bike turend better track time than a Lambo, but the Lambo wasn't far out. It was like a fraction of a second. The Kat can't even touch the Lambo.

This Gallardo is about 200k not 150K. Comparing a motorcycle to a high performance cars price wise is like comparing apple to orange. To their owneres they are two different toys.
        im talking price comparison in drag racing sense. most people out there racing red light to red light dont like to be beaten by a thousand dollar bike when they are dirivng a 50k$ car. certainly someone in a 200,000$ car doesnt like to be beaten by a cheap(kat) bike. when you spend 200k and know you can beat most any car that will ever come along it sucks to get blown away by something that costs less than your tires.
        Not entirly true. I have been in many performance cars forums- Corvette, Porsche, etc- the larg majority of people who own those cars know very well that sports bikes are much faster. The rest who doesn't acknowledge that know nothing about cars.

Occasionly you read a stories like this one but from the other side. Like a Corvette driver smoked a GXR. The other members comment usually is "Yah right..." and they state that a 600cc sportbike can easly outperform any corvette on the road.

IMHO, I don't think racing from a traffic light to a traffic light is really a race. It is more for squides, ricers, and hp junkies. People who buy high ends performace cars do so for image and status, not to race it from traffice light to another.

There are alway different between "race machine" and "drag race machine"

Comment

2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
          2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
          1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
          1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Well thank you all for not lecturing me about the gear. Normally I do have my helmet, but just not this day. As for the front tire lifting, I think it needs a bit of clerification, the front tire did lift, but only a few inches, still, for me, that's huge and it's never happened before. As far as the woman driving, matters not. Maybe it's her husband's car and she's not a big racer, but I felt like she was trying, and I do have some experience with racing. I used to drive a Chevelle SS that belonged to my uncle. His only rules were to never pass up a race or lose. So I know how to drag light-to-light. But even if she didn't know what to do, win by an inch or win by mile, a win is a win. = )
            "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

Comment

Giddy Up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin76
                ... win by an inch or win by mile, a win is a win. = )
                reminds me of racing my NA 300zx against a RX-7 TT. the light turned green and we both hit it. his boost kicked in or he shifted to 2nd i guess, but he spun a 90 degree twist in the middle of the highway. i just stayed on the gas lol he later caught up with me saying i had a nice car and gave a thumbs up for a good race. normally, that car would've eaten me, raw. but i sure did brag about beating it in my NA (he's got about a 100hp advantage).

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
                "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Working...
                X