No announcement yet.
X

Are biker cops too cool?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are like everybody else. Not everyone waves,I wave all the time and don't always get it back and thats from all kinds of bikes
    here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
    http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

I wave at all cops, just to make them curious
      because of course I'lm always legal...
      Live and Lean.
      When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
      Romans 3:23

Comment

I knew a couple bike cops back up north on the U of M campus, they were some cool dudes. I would stop and shoot the crap with them quite a bit, and of course give them crap about there "Gay" boots they wore..

I have only seen 1 Bike cop while out riding down here, and he waved back.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I waved at 2 cops here in Utah headed up one of the canyons to Park City over the weekend and both waved back... Though they seemed a bit surprised that I waved at them. LOL
          "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
          - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Comment

a bit late to the discussion, but i've never received a wave back form any of the cops i've waved to here in los angeles. after about a year, i just stopped trying.

Comment

they're always hiding around here. i got pulled over once while on my scooter, speeding in a school zone (25mph, going 40ish). the cop was cool, just told me to slow it down. cool harley.

i noticed that most cruisers won't wave to sport riders around here (WI HD 'riders'). i wave to anyone, even scooterists. only ones i don't are the squids, but i don't even think they'd even have a clue whats going on.

Comment

no cops on bikes in my town

Comment

Most of the cops around here on bikes are cool. I've had them ride next to me a few times, and they always seem to wave back. The only time they seem grumpy is when the weather is not so good. Then I don't seem to get much back from em. When it's nice outside the bike cops are way better to deal with than the caged traffic cops.
                  Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Comment

yeah...

Yeah, I wave at the cops on bikes, they are pretty chill and wave back...I thought I was the only one who has "accidentally" waved at scooters! There is a proliferation of scooters here around ASU...I do agree that while they are an economical means of transportation, and they can get ran over by the blonde in a Suburbalade as easily as we can...I still think they are douche-baggy posers!
                    Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

Get this..
                      I wave to a cop this morning (on a BMW) and he waves
                      back! BMW guy hardly ever wave...
                      Then as I'm coming up to an intersection a police car
                      (lights rolling) and a police motorcycle (Harley!) are by the other side of the road. They are standing by the curb
                      talking and the Motorcycle cop stops talking, looks at me and waves.. First!! So there you go!

Comment

I wave to bike cops when im riding, most of the time they dont wave back. But Ive got the nod a few times. I guess thats alright?
                        You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

Originally posted by toezter
                          only ones i don't are the squids, but i don't even think they'd even have a clue whats going on.
                          what gives? I wave at everyone, I know whats going on
                          You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

I've had a couple wave but I've also gotten the ire of a couple (got pulled over a couple of times but fortunately no tickets. . . knock wood). Most are pretty cool once you get through their "all business" exterior. I don't fault 'em at all for being like that - it's a line of work where not having one's guard up initially can easily get you killed.

I suppose a lot of 'em just see dudes on sport (or semi-sport, like ours) bikes and assume we're hell-raising canyon-bashing, traffic-slaloming nutjobs. Okay, aside from the fact we ARE, there's that whole generalization thing. . . j/k.

Point is I guess bike cops probably see themselves firstly as part of the brotherhood of cops and only secondly as part of the brotherhood of bikers - although I'd definitely help one if I ever saw one in trouble!
                            ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                            Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

We dont have any bike cops around here either. But my friend has a scooter and its pretty fun to play around on, is that wrong?
                              "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."
                              http://www.putfile.com/91750frider/images/6658

Comment

Working...
                              X