X

WHO IS GOING TO BIKE WEEK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHO IS GOING TO BIKE WEEK

Who is going to Myrtle Beach this weekend? Be sure to take good pic (NOT JUST OF BIKES). And maybe some video clips.
    "Keeps it movin"

"Mean people SUCK......Nice people Swallow!"

Went last year

Some friends and I towed our bikes all the way fro AZ to SC for Bike Week last year and we were a little disappointed. We had fun but it did not look at all like Myrtle Beach cared very much for us being there.

I'm not refering to the citizens (they sta out on lawn chairs to watch all the bikes) but law enforcement and local businesses seemed less than thrilled that we were there.

It was a good time and an event worth seeing but afterwards we decided that we would have much rather visited the Honda Hoot which only one of us has ever done.
    Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

yeah I agree...the law and some local business dont care much for us. Actuallt the law just looks forward to those ON THE SPOT PAYABLE TICKETS for loud bikes, wheelies, music, alcohol, etc. They make a killin off of us. And Ive been there during the harley weekend. They are just as ruthless, abnoxious, loud, and nasty in public, but they get away with a lot more. Honestly I think it is a little racial thing down there! But all in all it is straight, even though traffic moves at 1/4mi per hour
      "Keeps it movin"

Comment

I got a ticket for PUSHING my bike up the street (long story).

For every super tight honey with a thong there were 10 chics who .. lets just say .. would have looked better wearing something else.

The gals we hooked up with from Tennessee saved the trip !

Comment

"take me back to tennesse"

yeah I admit, the ugly to fine ratio is about 8:2
          "Keeps it movin"

Comment

I plan on riding down there on Saturday, about an 1-1/2 hr ride.
            "Keeps it movin"

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank
              I got a ticket for PUSHING my bike up the street (long story).
              I definitely want to hear this tale...

Curious
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

that makes 2 of us then!!!!!!!
                "Keeps it movin"

Comment

I have never been to the Myrtle Beach Bike Week, but have also heard that it realy isn't that great.

I would recomend the Laconia Bike Week though. With the laconia Bike Week you have alot of things you can do there, Super Bike Races at Louden, Hill Climb and other events at Gunstock, Bike shows and some great entertainment..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

A ticket for pushing your bike? Ive gotta hear about this...
                    You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

OK here's the story

Originally posted by Rob
                      A ticket for pushing your bike? Ive gotta hear about this...
                      We were trying to get to the beach but traffic was at a COMPLETE standstill. (I don't remeber the name of the hwy). We had lurned our bikes off and had begun to mingle with other riders on the road. There was a line of bikes at least 1/2 mile mixed in with regular traffic and the all of a sudden folks started pushing their bikes.

The word that travelled down the line was "The cop says we can push 'em." So I did. I go past the policeman and when I'm about 50 ft ahead of him he chirps the siren. So I stop, figuring he needs to get through. ... Nothing ... So I start pushing again and he chirps the siren again. I look back but he's still in the car and I can't see in. However another rider on the shoulder of the road tells me "I think he wants us all on the shoulder of the road."

So I head for the shoulder on the road, but he chirps the siren for a third time. It was hot, I'm pushing a 475lb bike and he's aggrivating me with his siren. Out of frustration I blurt out "What does this jackass want me to do ?!"

When I turn around, guess who's about 10 ft behind me behind me. "You callin me a jackass ?!!!"

I tried to explain that I had no idea what he wanted from me or what I had done wrong and was only pushing my bike because I was told that was his order. The part about being on the shoulder didn't make it down the line. I was simply following the bike ahead of me. However, he was stuck on the whole "jackass" issue.

I was so mad but there is no point in arguing with a policeman on the side of the road. So I retreted to the "yes sir" and "no sir" routine. He seemed really upset about having been assigned traffic duty and mumbled off something about "being sick of this sh**".

As he writes the citation he comments that although I had been polite and cooperative, I had not apologized for calling him a jackass. I didn't answer that one.

Maybe I would have apoligized but he had already started writing the ticket. He gives me a ticket for failure to obey traffic law ... aka jaywalking.

Comment

Re: OK here's the story

He gives me a ticket for failure to obey traffic law ... aka jaywalking.

Thanks, I needed that giggle!

I'm guessing you didn't go to court to fight it...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

For every super tight honey with a thong there were 10 chics who .. lets just say .. would have looked better wearing something else.
                          I have to tell you guys, that is the EXACT truth. I lived in SC for 4 1/2 yrs, and I could not have hated it more. If you see one fine chick, her head is as big as the grand cannon, because EVERY guy wants to get with her, because she is the only fine female within a 10 mile radius. And I lived in Columbia, which is the capital. Man, I am happy that I moved away. The ratio is SOOO bad down there.
                          Roops Photography|facebook|
                          03 GSXR 1000
                          04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                          Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

That's funny The wanna-be-motorcycle club i ride with from time to time go there every year without fail,They act like it's the only bike rally in the south east!
                            97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Working...
                            X