X

Advice on brake discs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on brake discs?

It looks like it's time to replace the front & rear brake discs on my '02 750. I don't have a garage, so I'll likely have a mechanic do it for me.

Can any body offer advice on replacements? OEM vs aftermarket? Round vs Contour/Wave designs?
    I've found EBC XC fronts and C rear locally (Australia) for around a third cheaper than what OEM seems to be going for, but I've little info on the merits of either. Perhaps there are better alternatives that I'm unaware of.

I've no need to spend premium dollars on track gear, but I also will not cut corners to save dollars on my brakes. I commute in the week, tour 2-up on the weekends and maybe hit the mountain roads out of town every month or two. I've had stainless braided lines put on the front and have been pretty happy with EBC HH front and GG rear pads.

Anybody have experience or advice?? Drop some knowledge on me.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

I prefer the OEM, better made, more contact surface.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

The floating rotors from china are just fine. I have a set on my track bike and have no issues with it. Just make sure you get the floating ones, and not the solid disks.

And really, its like a two hour job max... it's pretty easy to do yourself.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I use HH on front. organic is ok for rear. you can still lockup the rear.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Cool. Thanks for your replies
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
          -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X