Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I tried to search but dont even know what its called. Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katgirl
    Originally posted by WildKat
    Just for reference, my petcock only needs 10 seconds, if I haven't touched it for a while. Normally it is on and ready to go, when I get a lot of riding. After the winter months or I have been away from home for a long time and it hasn't been used for months, definately the priming option before a good long ride is in order.

Thanks for the rather...descriptive solution to the problem. I promise my mind is not in the gutter.

Comment

Just for reference, my petcock only needs 10 seconds, if I haven't touched it for a while. Normally it is on and ready to go, when I get a lot of riding. After the winter months or I have been away from home for a long time and it hasn't been used for months, definately the priming option before a good long ride is in order.

lol, thanks for the answers.

I'll check my petcock tonight, get it ready for this weekend.
      2001 GSXF 600

Comment

wow did this get off topic.....LOL she said petcock!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solidfish

lol, thanks for the answers.

I'll check my petcock tonight, get it ready for this weekend.

Solidfish, just remember not to over prime it. You might not get some riding in.
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Good one Katgirl!!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Solidfish, just remember not to over prime it. You might not get some riding in.
              Even worse, he could flood the carbs and end up with go-go juice all over his shoes. Now, that's embarrassing!!
              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I am officialy banning myslef from this thread

Comment

Awww... come on Katgirl.... why leave now??

YOU started all this...

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

*ban lifted temporarily to respond (appropriately)*

I did start off trying to be helpful, and put up the link for his question. And then it was just too powerful, I could not restrain myself!

*ban back in effect*

Comment

To be serious for just a second, my bike came with the lever (I would like to say knob but i think this thread is damaged enough) pointing to Pri and Res. Other words, its sitting lateral now (no arrows or anything on it). Is this right?

I need to get some pics posted soon....
                      2001 GSXF 600

Comment

Ok... all jokes aside..

Refer back to the smiley face picture.

Your fuel selector knob should be in the down position or ON.. to the rear is prime PRI and the front is reserve RES.

It is a three position valve, so it will not spin all the way around. Just turn it to all three positions to see how it goes.. then make sure it is in the down position unless you need to use one of the other positions for whichever condition applies.

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

To be serious for just a second, my bike came with the lever
                          You said..... lever.
                          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
                            Ok... all jokes aside..

Refer back to the smiley face picture.

Your fuel selector knob should be in the down position or ON.. to the rear is prime PRI and the front is reserve RES.

It is a three position valve, so it will not spin all the way around. Just turn it to all three positions to see how it goes.. then make sure it is in the down position unless you need to use one of the other positions for whichever condition applies.

Sorry for being thick. I'm still not getting how this is supposed to be adjusted. This is a picture I grabbed off internet

Does the valve need to be set as the BLUE DIAGRAM? I current have my arrow pointing to the right at RES.

Thanks again!
                            2001 GSXF 600

Comment

Yes, it should be turned STRAIGHT DOWN to be in the ON position.

I remember some discussion about the PRI and RES positions being switched between pre-98 and 98+ models. If your fairing still has the words on it like the one in the picture.... go with it.

In a nutshell.... ON only flows when the engine is running. RES only flows when the engine is running, but has a lower pickup for when the tank is low. PRI flows regardless if the engine is running or not, and is used to PRIME the carbs that might be dry or low on fuel from sitting too long.

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
                                Yes, it should be turned STRAIGHT DOWN to be in the ON position.

I remember some discussion about the PRI and RES positions being switched between pre-98 and 98+ models. If your fairing still has the words on it like the one in the picture.... go with it.

In a nutshell.... ON only flows when the engine is running. RES only flows when the engine is running, but has a lower pickup for when the tank is low. PRI flows regardless if the engine is running or not, and is used to PRIME the carbs that might be dry or low on fuel from sitting too long.
                                Ok, I'll make that change. Thanks for the help.

One more question though, does this effect the idler? My bike seems to be having a hard time staying idle d uring first startup unless i put the choke up. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.
                                2001 GSXF 600

Comment

Working...
                                X