X

Removing Decals Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully i can finish this tonight.

Really pissing me off. There is one spot where for the life of me I couldnt get the adhesive out. Soaked it in OOPS and scrubbed to where it took a bit of the clear coat. Now theres a small spot there.

Is this perhaps the hardest mod...
    2001 GSXF 600

Comment

If you are still having an issue getting the glue off - wash off the goo-gone and let the bike sit in the sun for a while. they try the goo-gone again - took mine right off.

Comment

I just did it to the bandito tonight. Used a heat gun and my finger nail. Just hit the warning label with heat until it was warm, keeping my hand on the tank so it didn't get too hot. Peeled with the finger nail. Rinse and repeat. Then I used some goo gone to get the remaining sticky stuff off.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by solidfish
          Hopefully i can finish this tonight.

Really pissing me off. There is one spot where for the life of me I couldnt get the adhesive out. Soaked it in OOPS and scrubbed to where it took a bit of the clear coat. Now theres a small spot there.

Is this perhaps the hardest mod...
          if feel your pain. the rear side stickers were a bloomin nightmare. careful with the finger nail... i accidentally took some of the paint off when i got too happy with the finger nail. brand new 06, arrrrrHHHHHH!!!!!.[img]

rcrsix has good advice, let it sit in the sun for a while, it really helped me out. good luck[/img]
          One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

I put terry cloth on my power sander and it took of all the adhesive with wd-40 in a flash.
            R.I.P. Marc

Comment

i think the problem is that my bike is 5 years old and the adhesive layer made itself as one with the paint. I've tried all the suggestions above and finally got everything removed....

However,

There is one section where it just would not rub off. I ended up using a fine grit sand paper. (out of anger and frustration) But of course, now there is a blur spot from eating away some of the paint!!! (no more stickness though).

So, the next question. What color code is the Blue 2001 katana and where can i get some paint?

i think ive got my weekly workout from this scrubbing...
              2001 GSXF 600

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
                Might I suggest the Search button. This has been covered quite a lot recently. Good luck.
                +1 million

Comment

stupid decals!

So its been the third day and I still cant get all the adhesive off....

I've used goo gone, oops, and gas. The adhesive is like embedded into the paint. Driving me nuts.....
                  Try an engine degreaser like purplepower or gunk...and some bug and tar removers,the no abrasive kind..I used the bug and tar remover to loosen it up then sprayed the degreaser on them and rubbed until my fingers were burning...it took a couple of hours and 12 or 13 beers,but whos counting.but their off ..I really mean rub until your fingers are burning...the heat turns the adhesive into rubber snot and it just rolls off.....good luck....

Comment

i think the problem is that my bike is 5 years old and the adhesive layer made itself as one with the paint. I've tried all the suggestions above and finally got everything removed....

However,

There is one section where it just would not rub off. I ended up using a fine grit sand paper. (out of anger and frustration) But of course, now there is a blur spot from eating away some of the paint!!! (no more stickness though).

So, the next question. What color code is the Blue 2001 katana and where can i get some paint? compound the area that has dulled and wax it then compound and wax ect.....get it?? it should bring back the paint just fine..
                    My brother inlaw out of frustration while I was not looking used a brillow pad on my bike....scratched the shit out of it real bad....andyway with the compound and wax applied a good 10 to 100 times you cant tell....

i think ive got my weekly workout from this scrubbing...

Comment

Working...
                    X