X

gas millage on stock 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas millage on stock 750

What can I exspect to get with a stock 750 kat?

45 to 47MPG depending on the type of riding you do.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

On a highway trip yesterday I got 55 MPG. I don't ride or accelerate really fast. I think around town I'm getting about 42-45 MPG.
      2006 750 Red/Silver Kat.

Comment

damn it I get like 10 mpg no really I probaly get about 25 maybe it is because I ride hard on my bike hmmm I will have to stop that.
        "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

I get about 40 around towm riding pretty hard.
          Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by etcthorne
            On a highway trip yesterday I got 55 MPG. I don't ride or accelerate really fast. I think around town I'm getting about 42-45 MPG.

55 MPG?? Wow, thats a good number. I get about 38 mpg in city riding, and maybe 42 on the freeway. Of course, I always ride hard. Have you done anything to get 55 mpg? Additives? Better oil??
            2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Kat 750 MPG

Communting I have gotten up to 51mpg on the open road if I ride "rite". As soon as I have to start passing gravel trucks and grandma's it gets about 47mpg.
              It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Skotty: I haven't done anything to it. It's steady riding at highway speed. It has about 1100 miles on it - had the 600 mile maintenance done. Can't explain it, and I know how to calculate gas mileage - not advanced mathematics. I'm not complaining mind you. I also used to get between 45 and 50 MPG on my VTX1800C, which everyone else used to say was very good too. Maybe I should be a little harder on throttle.....
                2006 750 Red/Silver Kat.

Comment

To and from work and riding in the area. Speeds from 25 to 65 I'm getting 47 mpg. I haven't done any freeway riding yet. If I'm feeling spirited and get on it alot it drops to about 41 mpg. Sorry I forgot, I'm riding a 600.
                  Smooth is Fast

Comment

I average around 50mpg.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

I'm only getting around 41-43MPG on my 06 Kat 750...but it only has 600 miles on it, not broken in hardly at all...
                      My last bike was a 05 Kat 750 was the same, but when I got to 3000-4000 miles, the engine was broken in well...I changed to Castrol GPS 20-50 Synthetic motorcycle oil, and swapped out the stock tires (crap) for Metzeler Z6's. I started getting 44-46MPG all the time

Woo hoo

Wishing everyone on KR the very best 8)

Comment

There are a lot of factors involved in fuel mileage.

The closer you are to sea level, the lower your mileage will be, because fuel per bang is a percentage of air intake, and air pressure is higher at sea level.

The way you ride, your top speed and what gears you tend to use to accelerate all factor into it. The best mileage I've gotten was around 48 mpg (50 - 55 mph, flat road), the worst around 29 mpg (triple-digit fast, lots of accelerating/decelerating).

The jetting plays heavily into the equation again -- all the aftermarket jet kits trade fuel mileage for performance increases by increasing the amount of fuel per air delivered through the mid-range of the RPM band.

The age of the bike also plays a heavy factor -- new engines take a while to seat perfectly, and will get poorer gas mileage when brand new than they will 3k miles later. On the other end of the spectrum, a bike that is getting some blow-by past the rings due to age/mileage will also get decreasing fuel mileage.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I thought that after getting Ivan's jet kit installed I'd have a gas mileage drop, it turns out that its the same (39 - 41 MPG).

The only factor I can think of is the full exhaust D&D system I installed on it with a K&N air filter with the larger donut installed. Since I havent yet changed the jet sizes after installing a full exhaust, that may be a reason. I really like the full system, it has very good throttle response till 4000 RPM, then it becomes stagnant. I have to get on the throttle to get it past 6000 RPM, then its a whole nuther story.
                          2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

worst 41, best 49, average 45 to 47. in city 4-6 rpm, on highway 5-7 rpm.
                            One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

This would mean that you guys are getting about 225 miles to a tank of gas.

Wow, I must be really hard on the throttle because I am getting about 160 miles then I have to swith to reserve. I have never pushed it full out but figure I would probably get 225 miles on the tank if I ran it dry.

I have wondered about fuel mileage for a while so if I am not getting good mielage I would appreciate hearing it.
                              R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X