No announcement yet.
X

drop the Kat last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new '06. Yeah it sucked but no biggie. +1 for the MSF course. I had never even straddled a bike before I took the course and I learned SO MUCH valuable information. I was so excited about taking the course that I had already read through the entire course book on-line before hand lol.

I also recommend getting Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch (i think that is how you spell it) for a good informational read. After reading it you keep a lot of important information in your head while riding. Also helps you perfect what you already know.

Good luck and be safe.

Comment

buy a dirt bike,nothing major something that fits your wallet,and if you have a place to flog it around..it will help..alot...

Comment

never ridden a street bike in my life and dropped mine twice in the back yard!

thought i would be a Billy-Bad-A$$ and just jump on it and move it to the back yard to park it till i got my license and took my course. dropped it once trying to turn, and dropped it on the other side when my foot slipped on the wet grass. think i read something on this forum about how to pick it up, so i used the technique and it was pretty darn easy.

Comment

I dropped my first street bike at the MSF course trying to stop in the middle of a turn without putting my feet down, ALMOST had it, but set it down so soft it hardly got scratched. and as far as the kat goes, haven't gone done, don't plan to but I've had a couple of those back injuring saves lol
          Live and Lean.
          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
          Romans 3:23

Comment

Does anyone know of the link where it shows you how to pick the bike back up?

Comment

pictures and all!!

Comment

if you cant pick it up you shouldnt be riding it
                '93 naked kat 600 (wrecked and sold)
                '82 v45 magna 750 (sold)
                '80 xj650 maxim
                "evil" '96 saturn sl2
                '90 toyota pickup (killed by farm implement)
                '94 toyota pickup 265000 miles and counting

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33006 my bike as it was

Comment

Originally posted by Carsucharda
                  Word. First time I moved my bike under power (brother rode it home from the dealer) was in my driveway the next day and I let the clutch out a little too quick. I stalled it out and tipped it, but held on and didn't let anything touch the ground. Picked it back up straight and walked it into the garage.
                  -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Y2Kkat
                    http://www.ibmwr.org/otech/pickup.html

pictures and all!!
                    If girls were only this easy to pick-up.
                    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by Carsucharda
                      What if it's a horse?
                      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I wished some of you got these "experiences" on tape. It would be pretty funny to make a bike tipping compilation of all kinds of people tipping their bikes. I still remember that one video where the guy is just leaving the dealership with his new bike and as he is pulling out into the street he floors it, the bike fish tails and he goes down.

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear. It's too bad though that the Kat is such a heavy bike and it is difficult to pick up when dropped. Maybe the next Kat will be a lot lighter.........Suzuki??????

Comment

Stay safe and ride on!

Comment

if your horse falls over let it get up itself. if it doesnt do that call a vet. if he cant help get a gun and shoot the horse. sorry to be cold but sometimes it is nessecary to put your transportation and friend (i feel this way about my bike) out to pasture or out of its misery (read Kill it)
                              '93 naked kat 600 (wrecked and sold)
                              '82 v45 magna 750 (sold)
                              '80 xj650 maxim
                              "evil" '96 saturn sl2
                              '90 toyota pickup (killed by farm implement)
                              '94 toyota pickup 265000 miles and counting

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33006 my bike as it was

Comment

Working...
                              X