X

So someone was messing with my bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luma xMart

I am unsure if they make an adapter to make it fit a Kat...but I want one if they do.

Comment

I am not completely sure if it fits a Kat either, but you can find them on ebay:

2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

just FYI, i recently (as in today!) discoverd by random trial that katana ignitions (at least mine, 97) can be 'bypassed' (think skelton key), unlocked and turned into any position needed to run the bike. with zero damage to it.

Also, this 'bypass' works on almost any lock (tumbler based), period. that means any lock you put on the bike, the disk, the wheel, chains, etc. Sirens and alarms are still the way to go.

I'll make a video when I get time. (and more tape..) I was planning on doing a bike theft awareness vid anyways, i'll toss that in.

(yes i'm being intentionaly vuage on technical details to avoid the info being sucked up into google for anybody searching on fun terms like st3aling b1k3s :P yes its that easy to do, it shocked me even.)

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
          just FYI, i recently (as in today!) discoverd by random trial that katana ignitions (at least mine, 97) can be 'bypassed' (think skelton key), unlocked and turned into any position needed to run the bike. with zero damage to it.

Also, this 'bypass' works on almost any lock (tumbler based), period. that means any lock you put on the bike, the disk, the wheel, chains, etc. Sirens and alarms are still the way to go.

I'll make a video when I get time. (and more tape..) I was planning on doing a bike theft awareness vid anyways, i'll toss that in.

(yes i'm being intentionaly vuage on technical details to avoid the info being sucked up into google for anybody searching on fun terms like st3aling b1k3s :P yes its that easy to do, it shocked me even.)
          A riding friend of mine showed us this trick as well. There is almost no point to lock the steering mechanism.
          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Hmm I would like to know how exactly you go about doing this feat. Could you possibly send me a P.M. with the details. I have an 88 Kat and I always thought that locking the front forks was good enough...but if they can be unlocked without the key then an alarm may be in my near future. Is this something any average intelligence thief could figure out??

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
              Hmm I would like to know how exactly you go about doing this feat. Could you possibly send me a P.M. with the details. I have an 88 Kat and I always thought that locking the front forks was good enough...but if they can be unlocked without the key then an alarm may be in my near future. Is this something any average intelligence thief could figure out??
              C'mon dude, you're Macgyver! You should be showing us how to do it.
              "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

well I.......um just was......testing you to see if you actually know how to do it. I have been doing this even before I could ride a motorcycle...or walk

Comment

Nice recovery Mac... shoulda said "I, er, uh, forgot my swiss army knife"

hehe

edit: error correction

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

install a self destruct device that activates when tampered with.somethimg like a thermo-nuclear plutonium enriched multiple isotope variable resistance heat seeking chloride bomb. home depot should have all items instock

Comment

Originally posted by andrehendricken
                      Well the other day I went to work to pick up the GF as I waited arounf the guard comes over to me and tells me that there is someone sitting on my bike. So I tell him to come with me and watch what I am about to do. So we walk out the front doors and sure enough there is a group of guys around the bike and one sitting on ithe is maybe 18, I walk up to him a say "nice bike, what is it?" He starts going on that is is a 97GSXR600. I then ask if he could start the bike because I love the sound of the Yoshi pipes. He replies that a friend of his took the key and he maybe back in a few minutes. By this time I am starting to get pissed I I am tring to keep my cool. I then ask him his name and I tell him mine and we make some small talk. Then after about 2-3 mins of this I say well I better be going so get the F**k off of my bike before I tear you a new A$$ hole and by the way is is a 98Kat 750 so learn your bikes. Then the guard cuts in by saying that he now has there names and they are not to be in this area again.
                      LOVE the story!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
                        If you're talking about using a traditional lock-picking technique, yes, it will work with zero issues... obviously practice helps, but they make those battery-powered auto-pickers now that are almost as fast an experienced picker with manual tools...

If it's something else, I'm really curious as well.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Call the Po Po.
                          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by ck
                            install a self destruct device that activates when tampered with.somethimg like a thermo-nuclear plutonium enriched multiple isotope variable resistance heat seeking chloride bomb. home depot should have all items instock
                            not to self: don't mess with ck's bike.

Comment

Working...
                            X