Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is pre 500 mile tune-up:
    38 City/Work Commute
    48 Long Rides

I'll be interested in seeing if after my tune-up if those numbers change any.

Comment

06 750 with 1450 miles and I get 40-42mpg. That is with the occasional blast to highway speed.

Comment

Originally posted by skotty
        The only factor I can think of is the full exhaust D&D system I installed on it with a K&N air filter with the larger donut installed. Since I havent yet changed the jet sizes after installing a full exhaust, that may be a reason. I really like the full system, it has very good throttle response till 4000 RPM, then it becomes stagnant. I have to get on the throttle to get it past 6000 RPM, then its a whole nuther story.
        Just posted about this kind of situation yesterday in this thread:

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        If you have made any changes to the intake or exhaust of the motorcycle, the changes may induce resonate waves in that system that screw with the fueling at some specific RPM (or multiple RPM levels), and no matter what you do at the carbs, that particular RPM can't be tuned in correctly at the carbs. When a dyno-tuner tells you (or the print-outs tell you) that the bike is tuned perfectly everywhere except some small RPM range (or a couple small RPM ranges), this is almost always the reason.
        You might want to go read the full thread.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks CP
          2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Originally posted by jmanor010780
            damn it I get like 10 mpg no really I probaly get about 25 maybe it is because I ride hard on my bike hmmm I will have to stop that.
            i hope you are kidding.i bet a hummer gets better mph then that.

Comment

Working...
            X