X

Poor Mans Toy Hauler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Mans Toy Hauler

As some people that frequent the CB on here know, I was given a 28 1/2' 5th wheel cargo trailer from my brother in So Cal. I picked it up last week, and hauled it back to OR, so I can use it to move the rest of my stuff out to SC. When I picked it up, al that was inside was a small bench that folded up against a wall, with a table, and a few cabinet up by the ceiling. One thing I still had sitting here in OR still was a 10 1/2' cab over camper, which I tried to sell for $500obo, but had no offers. since the AC unit, 12v/110v/propane fridge, wate heater, holding tanks, stove etc etc inside were still in very good condition (and would probably cost me around $2500-$3k or more to buy new), I decided to put everything of value from the camper inside the front of the trailer, leaving me a 12' garage for the bikes in the back. All that's left to do now is finish up a little wiring, some plumbing, and buy some new cheap paneling (which I will do sometime after the rally when I have more time). Cost to me so far (not including the $500 for fuel and the hitch mounting plates for the truck) is about $30.

Keep in mind it's a work still in progress.

and here's what a 10 1/2' Lance camper looks like after you attack it with a sawzall
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

nice job John!

what i find ..erm... INTERESTING is that yer yard pic "BEFORE" and the pic of the chopped up camper... look virtually the same.

did yer porch ever collapse and kill more than 4 dogs?

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

nah with the dogs I had, they could have held the porch up or carried it off
      John,
      sigpic

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I like.

Comment

it looks huge on the outside but small on the inside?how many bikes are you setting it up for and the front must be sleeping quarters?

Comment

Rednecking at its finest! Well done.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                Rednecking at its finest! Well done.
                that would be one of the better homes in alabama.you could move it out of the way if a tornado comes.

Comment

I had a similar set up for awhile. I didn't like pulling my bike, i'd rather ride.

But good job dude that looks sweet.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I hope no one was injured in the Tornado !

GJ on the camper, I'm totally jealous, wanted a setup like that for a long time.
                    1990 GSXF 1100
                    2011 KLR 650

Comment

Originally posted by the wind View Post
                      it looks huge on the outside but small on the inside?how many bikes are you setting it up for and the front must be sleeping quarters?
                      Yeah there's an outside storage cabinet right where the lower deck meets the wall for the loft, which takes up a little over a foot inside the trailer inside is right at 21' long on the main deck, so I have 9' + the ;loft for living quarters, with a full kitchen and bath squeezed in. The loft over the bed of the truck has a queen sized matress in it, and stil has a foot or so of empty space on both sides. The garage is 12' long and I'm trying to eventually have it set up for 5 or 6 bikes, which after loading 2 side by side, I'd say 5 should definetly fit. I have the 2 in right now next to the dinette, and still had enough room to fold that out for my daughter to sleep on on our trip back to SC next week. Should be able to at least fit 3 in the front row, then stager 2 behind them in the gaps.
                      John,
                      sigpic

Comment

My question is: who is going to clean up all that crap before you leave the property? Ray.
                        85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Bank can deal with it when they send people to clean out the house.
                          John,
                          sigpic

Comment

lol....very creative
                            ROLL TIDE!

Comment

love it

Comment

Working...
                              X