No announcement yet.
X

In Memory of CyberPoet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember meeting Marc on KP and then again here on KR right after buying my bike. I was hungry for knowledge and he had more than I could handle to teach me. Years rolled by and due to the Army or my location I could never make it to a rally to finally meet him in person. Marc was definately one of a few that I truly wanted to meet from this KR family.

Here is my story about Marc.

I was on my way to Iraq and he PM'ed me to give him my address once I got on ground and knew what it was. Once I sent it to him, I would get random care packages in the mail with bike magazines and the like in it. Having been Army himself he knew the right stuff to send and told me to share with my guys. While there, I found a Kawasaki "Mule" that had been left behind by a previous unit. Trying to get it running, I found it had two different spark plugs in it. Marc took what information I could find on it, found the correct plugs it needed and sent two of them to me. I asked him how much I owed him for the plugs and his reply was, "Your money is no good with me."

That is just the type of guy he was. Others have said it better than I can. Just truly a good person through and through. Marc, the pegs are still down and will stay down for any time you want to ride along brother.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I first met Marc on KP also. There just aren't enough words to explain the person Marc was! You will definitely be missed Brother Cyber!!
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

WOW sad to hear what happen he sounds like he was an important and wise member

Comment

Didnt know marc but...

I didint know marc but i can see from the people around him that he was a great, caring and kind person. RIP to one of our (KR and motorcyclists) brothers. May his kind spirit live on in all of us.

Comment

wow i use to be on here years ago.. have met marc quite a few times he was the first to call me when Jason Harrill Died back in 06... i re joined this forum specifically to reach out to Marc... very saddened by this news

Peace be with you brother...

Comment

He's not really gone...

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I'm new to this site, usually I just read the threads to help me solve some problems. Never knew him obviously... but, read lots of what he wrote and had him in high regard. I'm not the sensible type, but I can't be indiferent to this. He shared a lot of knowledge, he may not be among us right now, but one thing is sure: In here, katriders, he will live forever!
                GSX 600f '88
                ------------
                Custom "Ricardo Amado" OEM Style Led Gauges | Gear Display OEM Style Mod | GSX400f Gas/Oil Temp OEM Style Mod | '94 BST33ST Carbs | '96 GSX750f Swingarm Mod | '01 GSX600f Wheels Swap Mod | R6 Competition Rear Suspension Mod | 15/49 Sprockets 525 Chain Conversion | Dyna Beads | '89 GSXR750 Cams

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                  He's not really gone...
                  Amen
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                    He's not really gone...
                    Kind of eery.........I found myself thinking about Marc today after the passing of a fellow rider recently. Sure do miss him.
                    THE DOC
                    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                    mistake when you make it again.
                    sigpic

Comment

I try to be as nice to others as he was to me...I fall short, but I try.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Never got to meet cyber but I can tell he was a good guy. No one in this forum has anything negative to say about him. R.I.P

Comment

Great to see this thread still active!

It's been years since I've been back, but I have many fond memories of posts made and answers given by Marc. I still have the aluminum angle-stems I bought from him when I first bought my Kat back in late 2008, early 2009.

Great guy; great memories. The man's a legend!
                          High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                          X