No announcement yet.
X

Tires? HELP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run a 160/60 on my pre98 rear rim. I only run certain tires though. The sidewalls must taper in for it to work. Going on over 6 years with a 160/60 on the rear with no problems at all.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

But lets be honest here, you have 2 inches of tread that there is no way you could touch.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
        But lets be honest here, you have 2 inches of tread that there is no way you could touch.
        Who? HS2020 with his 160?

I'm not that good at maths ... but that's only 5mm wider on each side as compared to a 150.
        - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
        2005 F4i -

Comment

Originally posted by Kila-Beave View Post
          Who? HS2020 with his 160?

I'm not that good at maths ... but that's only 5mm wider on each side as compared to a 150.
          Yes HS2020, and I swear he has tread on the tire that is past vertical, not that it's keeping him from trying to ride on it.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

All I run are Pirelli Diablo Stradas and I love them. 120/70 front ($98.99) and a 170/60 rear ($123.99). From Dennis Kirk
            I have no handling issues with the wider rear tire and it looks good.

Comment

170 huh? just makes for a bigger chicken strip.
              2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
              2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
              1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
              1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
                170 huh? just makes for a bigger chicken strip.
                Maybe. But like I said, it looks good and handles great.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                  Pirelli Diablo strada's

Enough said.....
                  Mine are wearing very well and are confidence inspiring in the corners.

www.swmototires.com Good prices, fast delivery and free shipping.
                  "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I just put Avon Storms on my bike and love them. Super Sticky!
                    sigpic

Twist your Wrist

Comment

Ordered the Z6's about 6 days ago from Ron Ayers and got them in the mail today! Which is impressive since I live in NY and they are based in FL. They look great and I can't wait to put them on this weekend. I would definitely recommend checking out that site, I looked around a lot, probably researched 10-15 sites and their price was the lowest. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X