Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

So I got my 'new' carbs in....and I'm still waiting.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got my 'new' carbs in....and I'm still waiting.

Scored a set of carbs off of Ebay to replace the set that has a hole in the casting. They were 'supposedly' off a running bike...and suprisingly I believe it. They are in great shape. But OF COURSE.......my valve adjustment tool, CCT spring and gaskets didn't come in today. They should have been here, but UPS screwed up.

BTW...I finally found a dealer that will come close to online pricing. Actually cheaper than Bikebandit when you figure in shipping. Parts will be here tomorrow morning. So I'll pull /clean the valve cover, check / adjust the valves, clean the breather cover, replace the CCT spring then install the carbs.

I'm going to go out in the garage in a minute and pop off the float bowls and see how they look, check the float level....if they look good I may not even go futher. It only takes me 15 minutes or so to bolt 'em on, install the airbox, rig up my remote tank setup and see how it runs.

If they run good, and the idle issue is gone, I'll try the carb sync. If that goes well, I'll shoot for putting the bike back together Tomorrow night / saturday morning..

BTW got the FACTORY service manual from here www.repairmanual.com for $66 and it's worth every penny....just like every other factory shop manual for all my project cars I've wrenched on...

So wish me luck.....if I can wait until tomorrow that is LOL

Carbs looked GREAT!!!!

Float bowls, gasket, pilot and main jets, everything looks to be in great shape.

These were UNTOUCHED carbs..still have the plugs over the mix screws. Drilled 'em out. They were at 1.75-2.00 turns out. Put 'em at 2.25 to start.

Everything looks a go to get the other stuff done tomorrow or Sat morning then fire this thing up and see how she runs.

Wish me luck

Comment

Good luck.

I got my printed manual from my gf as an xmas present one year, and I think she paid in the $70 range with the binder. You can find the same manual in PDF form here on KR (or at least a link to it).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        Good luck.

I got my printed manual from my gf as an xmas present one year, and I think she paid in the $70 range with the binder. You can find the same manual in PDF form here on KR (or at least a link to it).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        That's the thing, I went through that entire thread, and unless I totally missed it (very possible) the PRE-98 600 Factory manual wasn't listed / available for download.

Comment

Working...
        X