X

radial tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radial tires

Can i run radial tires on my 88 dsxr1100f?Is there any advantage to radials over the bias that are on it now?HELP!

You should run radial tires, safer more stable tire.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by sdsam64 View Post
      Can i run radial tires on my 88 dsxr1100f?Is there any advantage to radials over the bias that are on it now?HELP!

88 dsxr1100f?

What is this machine?

If your asking about a GSX1100F Katana (I'm going to assume since this is a Katana forum) then...

Your dealing with stock 16" rims, and as such a very limited selection in tires. Radials would certainly be better over bias for multiple reasons, but you might not really have much choice if the manufactures don't make them in your size.

Radials in general are safer, last longer, perform better than similar bias ply tires. You could consider a rim swap to upgrade to 17" rims and that would make a huge improvement not only in the bikes performance with handling, but also give you much better options in tires.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'd assume the poster has moved on, but fwiw, yes, radials are best, but are few. I think the only radials available (if they are) are the Avon Azarros, which are pretty good.
        Michelin made the some (no longer available, pretty crappy ones), Pirelli did (they were ok), and I think metzler did (no experience with them).

Comment

Working...
        X