X

speedometer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedometer

my speedometer whats not reading properly and and i replaced the speed sensor. however it still seems off and i was wondering.. wait oh yeah i forgot to mention that i took my fairings off so the shop could do some work to it prior to this happening. so now my question is will not having the fairings on increase drag so much that my speedometer is off .. i know that's a crazy weird question but was curious .. cause there shouldn't be any reason why the speedometer should not be working right , after the fact we changed the speed sensor.
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

no, sensor reads rpm from the trans or front wheel, tire size change? sprocket change? How far is it off? They do make a speedo correctors.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

from what i hear i dont think they do ..

Comment

yes, they do...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-GSX60...6c42ad&vxp=mtr
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yep, I have a SpeedoHealer fitted to my 750 Kat. But you would be well served to identify why a speedo that apparently worked fine suddenly changed, otherwise a speedohealer might be a temporary fix only. As asked already, have you changed tyre sizes or sprockets? How do you know it is out / different and by how much?

Comment

I have no.clue .. I had.got the tires changes a about 4 or 5 months ago , sprockets an chain about 3 months ago... I did take it to the shop so they can retap the head .. stripped spark plug no. 1 from the previous shop.. thats a bout all..

Comment

Check wire attachment points for corrosion or loose fit. Follow the wires to make sure you don't have a chafed point. It's possible you've got an issue there. Try cleaning out the area inside your sprocket cover. The sensor works off a Hall effect sensor so if you've managed to collect enough gunk in there it might have some effect on the pickups, especially if there's some metal mixed in with the crud.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
              X