X

Instrument panel inop...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument panel inop...

Hopefully someone can help me out. I rode my bike to work this morning. It was still dark out and everything was fine. This is only the third time I've ridden. I left out to go to lunch and my instrument panel isn't working. The front lights are working, but the tachometer, speedometer, and panel lights are not coming on. The blinkers aren't coming on either. The fuel gauge seems to still be working. It's in the 1/2 position...about where it was at when I got to work this morning. I did a brief one over on the fuse box, but I'm not 100% sure of what exactly I should be looking for. I read some of the other post of folks having problems with either their lights or something on the panel, but didn't see anything that related directly to mine. Also, when I got home from work. I turned the ignition to the parking lights, and the blinkers worked on the instrument panel and on the bike itself once I did that, but they still don't work on start mode. I wanted to ride this whole week so I'm praying its an easy fix. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

well have you checked the fuses and if not start there......... if that not the problem than check the connections under the tank..... other than that thats all the info i can give you
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

I'd +1 that sounding like a fuse gone.
      Pull out each fuse in turn and check that the little curved metal strip inside each one hasn't broken. When you see it, it should be obvious.

Comment

I checked the fuses, and what wires I could see. It's still isn't working. The only thing on the instrument panel that's working is the clock. The blinkers work when its in parking. I don't want to take it to the mechanic and they charge me a crap load of money for a too easy fix....especially since I'm a female.

Comment

If youre for sure its not a fuse. Id suggest turning the key on then checking the wire harness from behind the insturment pannel, making sure its plugged in good and then follow it back moving the wire to see if anything on the pannel changes. Might be a broken wire or short somewhere.

Comment

Fiddled with it this morning, and still nothin. The hibeam lights work on the panel, but nothing else. Going to take it to my neighbor and see if he can figure out what's the deal with it.

Comment

Working...
            X