X

Stock tire average life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock tire average life

How many miles (on average) should I expect from stock tires on a 03 kat 600?
    I know it depends on the riding style. I want a general answer. I have 4800 miles on my kat, 2000 of which I put on it last two months.
    I am trying to figuer out the budget for next year.....

budget ? you'll need a new set next year. i run though 2 sets a year but i ride on dunlop 208's - 4k ish miles - but stick like glue.

get a touring tire & you may get 8k miles.

tim

Comment

I ran my Mac for 22,000kms or 13,500miles, that said they were beyond safe at that time. I had no tread on the from except the edges and the back was below the wear bars but not showing any cord.

My Metzeler Z6s I had 16,000kms or 10,000 miles on them when I swapped them out for a new set. They were good for a few more K of commuting but I was going to deals Gap and wanted fresh rubber.

Your best bet is to budget about $220(US) for rubber + mounting a year if your running a touring tire like the Z6s or the Pirelli Strada's. More if your going with a softer tire.
      Kyle

Comment

I get around 8.5k - 10.5k out of a set of Metzeler Z6's as well, including some railing around the gap. They're great tires on the late model Kats and at around $200 + $220 a set via mail order including S&H (plus whatever installation you need to pay), you can easily calculate what you will probably burn through next year.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Stock tires will last forever . Or it will seem that way , since they suck . Budget for some new ones after spring once it starts getting warm again . That way you can "waste" some of the colder , crappier miles on the crappier tires .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I only got about 5000 miles or so off the Barracuda rear that came on my bike when I bought it.. wore way to quickly IMO.

Comment

I managed 9000km so far on the stock 205 "Dunflops" with little appreciable wear. While the wear is quite good the handling it not at all, inspiring very little confidence.
              "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Working...
              X