X

Fairing repair - just found this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing repair - just found this

I just took a fall a couple of weeks ago and my Kat ended up with a crack on the right fairing and a couple of scratches . I got a scratched knee only. So I was going through the threads here and doing some googling to find out how to repair the fairing and found out this place:

Thought it might interest some of you. I will do the repair with this product and then post the results... Though, that will be until January.

Happy riding to all!

Originally posted by NautilusbajaKat View Post
    I just took a fall a couple of weeks ago and my Kat ended up with a crack on the right fairing and a couple of scratches . I got a scratched knee only. So I was going through the threads here and doing some googling to find out how to repair the fairing and found out this place:

Thought it might interest some of you. I will do the repair with this product and then post the results... Though, that will be until January.

Happy riding to all!
    Um... Save yourself ALOT of cash and pick up the same thing at Lowes for $6....

The "filler" is just ABS cement...

That's pretty smart though... repackage materials that cost maybe $5 for the qty purchased and sell it as a special "fairing repair kit" for 10X that... Profit!

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hm, interesting.

Comment

Yeah someone's definitely business-minded!!!

Comment

Nice find, anyone with experience how well it work?

Comment

shipping is $230. seems a little steep to me.

Comment

Nice, Ill keep that in mind for future fairing repairs

Comment

There's a nice thread of a few people ordering those fairings.. looks very cool! I am going to the ABS cement route this winter..

Comment

with spipping and duty tax ouch.
                  Randy

Comment

Thank you that is an awesome product and site.
                    1990 Katana GSX750F

Comment

Finally started the repair project using a combination of plastic welding and ABS cement mixed with ABS shavings to make it thicker... I will post pictures when done....

Comment

Originally posted by NautilusbajaKat View Post
                        Finally started the repair project using a combination of plastic welding and ABS cement mixed with ABS shavings to make it thicker... I will post pictures when done....
                        Awesome, look forward to hearing /seeing how it went.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

what did u end up using to fix the wreck part ?

Comment

Working...
                          X