No announcement yet.
X

Project "Historical Racer"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the black looks great personally.

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

This is honestly one of my favorite bikes on this site.
      Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
      ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
        The black frame is just KILLING the retro racer look for me.
        How come you don't paint that aluminum?
        Filling in the lower part of the tank would help a lot.
        How come you don't buy some replica fairings too?

I prefer the contrast between the black frame and silver engine.

I though about that, but it would have required an insane amount of time I didnt have

replica fairirings from which bike?

thanks guys! @shpielers and @fury8793
        Last edited by DNLT; 05-12-2015, 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Very nice bike. Even though my body no longer approves of the riding position, it all works.

Comment

Originally posted by branumhawk View Post
            Very nice bike. Even though my body no longer approves of the riding position, it all works.
            im planing to remove the split handlebars for longer ride (>6hrs)

The bike still run like a champ!

well, I had to move to a different state and the movers needed an empty fuel tank, so I did.

Few days after the move I decided to go out for a ride, and filling up the tank.

After a bit of struggle with starting the bike, I went for a ride.

The bike did not feel good, rough idle and the power delivery was not smooth at all.

After having figure out that the ignition was good, there was only one option: rebuilding the carbs.

I followed the amazing manual on the wiki section, and spent less than 5 hours of total work spread over two days.

the bike started in less than 10sec cranking after rebuild and now it is a purring kat.

When cleaning I found a lot of deposits which plugged a couple of jets. I suspect that when draining the tank and carb, the deposits ended up in the passages drying out and plugging.

the floats needed minor height adjustment.

All the seals and components looked in great shape, so I didnt feel the need to replace anything.

I start to believe that the guy who sold me the bike was BSing me when he said he had the carb rebuilt for 500$ (which was less than 2 years ago)

Question: do the water drains from the tank need to be connected to the Carb? if yes, why?
            Last edited by DNLT; 06-29-2016, 09:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

No, tank drain lines run to the bottom of the bike and are not plugged off. The carbs have 2 vent lines that should do the same thing, run to the bottom of the bike.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                No, tank drain lines run to the bottom of the bike and are not plugged off. The carbs have 2 vent lines that should do the same thing, run to the bottom of the bike.

Krey
                thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone,

the bike still runs like a champ, all it needs is a good carb clean every year.

I am so happy with how it still handles and runs.

Unfortunately, it is time for me to sell this bike; our family just welcomed a little one.

I want to start in this Forum as you guys appreciate this bike the most, and I really would like to find the right home for my bike.

I will place a post on the marketplace part of this Forum

Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Best

Comment

Hello everyone,

the bike still runs like a champ, all it needs is a good carb clean every year.

I am so happy with how it still handles and runs.

Unfortunately, it is time for me to sell this bike; our family just welcomed a little one.

I want to start in this Forum as you guys appreciate this bike the most, and I really would like to find the right home for my bike.

I will place a post on the marketplace part of this Forum

Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Best

Comment

Working...
                    X