No announcement yet.
X

STUNTER HATERS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you dont know who Kellen Winslow is here is his story.

I am not positive, but I was told this was a Gixxer 1000.

Comment

Wait till I wheelie my Vulcan!

I like other people stunting THEIR bikes....lots of guys I know do it...but NOT on the street...I hate guys that wheelie on the street (or race)....

BearKat said it best...THIS IS NOT A STUNT SITE!

(and I loved Paperairplanes realization that he AGREED with Mojoe....yeah...how scary is THAT?)

Comment

Originally posted by jason05
        then we need a forum on KR for stunters!
        We tried that back on KP....the answer is no.

All it does is put this kind of thread in one place. Worthless...we are all civil people here (Well, MoJoe is when he takes his pills.. ) But I don't see the point for a stunt section. Where is my Trackday riding section then? Hmmm?
        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by Range
          Wait till I wheelie my Vulcan!
          You guys are WAY too much..... Tell ya what funny guy, if you and Jr, show me indisputable proof that you actually got rid of the Daytona's and did indeed buy Vulcan's.....I will sport a mullet to the rally! :P

Comment

Originally posted by AkBigN
            Hey Mojoe, I didn't mean for it to come out that way. I was just saying you shouldn't be so cold just because somebody does something you don't like. If your friend was a stunter and he got hurt would you just say "that sucks, you deserve it". I'm not bagging on people just because of their opinion, I just feel that 23 posts telling somebody they shouldn't do something just wastes a bunch of space. If you are going to post, make it helpfull.
            I didn't mean to sound so cold either...and i didn't mean to insult you. as for your question...if it was a friend....been there already. i won't say he deserves it...but i would say something like, "play with fire, expect to get burnt once in a while". I am not against stunting. I enjoy watching it as much as the next guy. I just won't tolorate it when riding with me if it is making me nervous. that's all. under the right conditions, I am all for it. on the street endangering others...i hate it. so it all depends on the situation.
            so i don't think people here are telling you they hate it......but like myself they feel there is a time and a place for such things. you just made a post that justifies it...without adding where and how you do it. you leave it to be assumed....and well, i guess i just assumed the worst case...as in you do it on the street. just be safe and responsible about it, and all well.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I'd venture a safe guess that most of us here love watching stunt videos when its done in the right environment. We all respect what these guys can do and the talent they have on bikes. Its amazing to watch, I personally love watching stunt vids and seeing them live.

but when I see a wheelie down the middle of town or on the highway, all I can think of is my insurance company is just saying to themselves.. Cha Ching !!!

Comment

Ya know, I see both sides of the matter. Since I've been a MSF instructor (going on 10 years) I've had every type through my classes. Newbs, stunters, wanna-be racers and just plain clueless. What gets me the most is when we all leave for the day (usually in a pack) the stunter wanna-bes will be trying wheelies, stoppies and lane splitting at high rates of speed. The racer wanna-bes will be hanging off (not very well, I might add) around the cloverleafs and all I can think of as I'm following them is "Look at how every cager is looking at them and then turning to look at me" as if to say "well, aren't you an idiot too???" Stunting has it's place just as dragging knee has it's place. Just depends on how you want to viewed by others and how much risk you want to place upon yourself and others. OK, off the soapbox now!!!
                sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                MSF Rider Coach 27028
                MoPowerSports.com
                Torco
                SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Re: STUNTER HATERS

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Originally posted by JJ0712
                  Like CP said with gear and right places there will be support. Most people object to bungee jumping with out the bungee and skydiving without a parachute. With the right stuff people will like it without people wont.
                  Want to see parachuting restricted? All you need is to have the same number of jumpers jumping on any given day as we have bikers riding, and a couple dozen a day splatting into people's yards/roofs/houses/traffic around the nation... Guarantee the law-makers will get involved. There's a reason drop-zones are commonly used

Same thing applies here.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

exactly my point done right it will be fine!
                  Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

im sick of hearing people brag how much skill they have because they can wheelie a super sport. wow ya twist the throttle and hold on the bike does the rest. not saying other stunts arent very difficult. but a wheelie treated like the rider is under some amazing control when the front end isnt even staying level instead the front wheel is bobbing up and down. its not taking any skill other than holding on to do that. same with these wanna be drag racers, that go in a straight line holding the throttle wide open and clicking gears no clutch.... no skill there either.
                    03 katanika

Comment

If It was easy I don't think people would crash. Have you ever been to the drag strip? I have watched many people with mostly identical bikes race and their times are dramatically different. If it didn't take any skill than nobody would post times.

Comment

Originally posted by AkBigN
                        If It was easy I don't think people would crash. Have you ever been to the drag strip? I have watched many people with mostly identical bikes race and their times are dramatically different. If it didn't take any skill than nobody would post times.
                        He didn't say real drag racers (lights, reaction timing, consistency), but wanna-be's (traffic lights, slam-it-home each time, no consistency).

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

And as for the wheelies... It don't take any talent at all to turn the wrist and hold on... Setting it down without killing yourself and not flipping over backwards takes just a bit more talent methinks.

My current ride of choice

Comment

Originally posted by Kanati
                            And as for the wheelies... It don't take any talent at all to turn the wrist and hold on... Setting it down without killing yourself and not flipping over backwards takes just a bit more talent methinks.
                            well thats were the people with skill show through. the people im talking about that i see doing wheelies in traffic on a brand new r1 around here have none. the front end slams back to the ground every time, they usually drift across a lane or two. the front end doesnt get high enough before they panic and pull the clutch etc.
                            03 katanika

Comment

Here's my two pennies worth.

How you want to ride is your business, it's you who will be paying the consequences.

To be old & wise you must first be young & stupid.
                              (This is not meant to offend anyone)

I no longer do wheelies or take corners leaning my big Kat as far as it will go around a corner, every once in a while I do speed but rarely get above 90mph. When I take corners now I keep my speed up but I'm nowhere near dragging a knee.

I just hope everyone who leaves home on their bike comes home on their bike.
                              I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Working...
                              X