X

Whats it worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats it worth?

I haven't been on here in a while. I'm ready to sell the 91 Katana 600f. Starters 2nd gear is gone and the carbs need a rebuild. I think it has 24k on it. It needs a battery. The right side is rashed from an accident I had. Rides good, other than the trans and carbs listed above. Has new Bridstones, I think. It's at my friends garage, I live in a apt. Here are pics, let me know what it's worth. If I E-Bay it what can I expect?
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Really don't want to sell it
    Need money for court fines and my newly aquired Cadillac.
    It's not speed that kills, it's trying to stop!

91 Katana 600f gunmetal and blue
    92 Mazda Miata (LANEWVR)
    New!! 81 Cadillac Coupe Deville
    http://photobucket.com/albums/c194/Devilln/

sorry, but I just have to ask.....cuz you are not the first to have this situation.
    How can one not have the funds ...as in have to sell this or that to own whatever....then buy something like a caddy? a cadillac is one of the highest cost vehicles to maintain. the prices are insane for parts. break a headlight or tail light and you will know what I mean. so why choose to buy a vehicle like that if funds are tight?

i know....none of my business, just curious.

as for the value of your kat in that condition...it is worth about 1 tail light and a tune-up on a caddy.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Don't know US prices, but i'd give you a 800cdn for it.

I don't want it if its ever done a burnout though?

Comment

oh man that looks like my kat. minus the broken mirror and the nice blue lower fairings!

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
          Don't know US prices, but i'd give you a 800cdn for it.

I don't want it if its ever done a burnout though?
          a tail light on a newer caddy runs $600 and change (i know cuz my dad repaired one a couple of years back that got clipped in the rear). You might get 8 plugs, oil/filter and a air filter for $100.....so I was about right.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

jesus, you even have the same jacket as i do.

if you decide to part it out instead, let me know.

Long Live the D

Comment

I bought the Caddy 4 months ago, before the court fines. I forgot it also has a new chain. I don't know what 800cdn. Paradox, nice jacket!

Is it worth about $800? What do you guys think?

92 Mazda Miata (LANEWVR)

Comment

That cad's a 79 Coup De Elegance, right? 425cc V-8?

Meanwhile, here's the low-down (IHMO) on your bike:

According to NADA price guide, in reasonable condition, it's worth $915. In good to near-mint, it would be worth about $1205. But unfortunately, it's in defective status. That drops the value heavily, because the tranny repair is very labor-intensive (so labor-intensive that it's normally cheaper to buy a new engine+ tranny combo than split the cases and dig to the bad parts).

Normally, in a situation like this (bike partially defective), I'd start backwards: take the NADA nominal value and then start deducting the replacement parts at dealer cost. But unfortunately, that would appear to put me below $0 because of the tranny...

Thus, it's worth whatever you can get for it... Anything is something more than the value I calculated on it.

To truly max out what you can get for it, the best plan would be stripping it and selling it as parts on eBay (and here). The sum of the value of the parts is higher than the value of the bike as a whole. But that means you need to get to wrenching, stripping, cleaning, taking pics, boxing stuff up, listing it up on eBay and shipping stuff... which I don't know if you want to put that kind of time/effort into selling it for maximum profit... But you could probably get somewhere between $600 and $1500 for the parts, depending on when you sell them (once the weather in the northern states starts heading into warmer times again and the snow starts to melt, prices on parts will rise).

Good Luck!
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  That cad's a 79 Coup De Elegance, right? 425cc V-8?

Meanwhile, here's the low-down (IHMO) on your bike:

According to NADA price guide, in reasonable condition, it's worth $915. In good to near-mint, it would be worth about $1205. But unfortunately, it's in defective status. That drops the value heavily, because the tranny repair is very labor-intensive (so labor-intensive that it's normally cheaper to buy a new engine+ tranny combo than split the cases and dig to the bad parts).

Normally, in a situation like this (bike partially defective), I'd start backwards: take the NADA nominal value and then start deducting the replacement parts at dealer cost. But unfortunately, that would appear to put me below $0 because of the tranny...

Thus, it's worth whatever you can get for it... Anything is something more than the value I calculated on it.

To truly max out what you can get for it, the best plan would be stripping it and selling it as parts on eBay (and here). The sum of the value of the parts is higher than the value of the bike as a whole. But that means you need to get to wrenching, stripping, cleaning, taking pics, boxing stuff up, listing it up on eBay and shipping stuff... which I don't know if you want to put that kind of time/effort into selling it for maximum profit... But you could probably get somewhere between $600 and $1500 for the parts, depending on when you sell them (once the weather in the northern states starts heading into warmer times again and the snow starts to melt, prices on parts will rise).

Good Luck!
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Ummm..Yeah..What he said...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
                    Jeebus, you even have the same jacket as i do.

if you decide to part it out instead, let me know.
                    i stick by what i said.

Long Live the D

Comment

Thanks that was very helpful! And no it's a 81 Coupe Deville with a 368 big block with 4/6/8 where it switches from 4 to 6 to 8 cylinders depending on the power needed.

92 Mazda Miata (LANEWVR)

Comment

Originally posted by LaneWvr
                        Thanks that was very helpful! And no it's a 81 Coupe Deville with a 368 big block with 4/6/8 where it switches from 4 to 6 to 8 cylinders depending on the power needed.
                        What do you think of the 4-6-8 system? My '79 didn't have it (and honestly, early reports indicated that it had problems; if yours is still operating well, then it must have had whatever mods came later or additional maint). Definitely looks like it was well taken-care-of...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                          How can one not have the funds ...as in have to sell this or that to own whatever....then buy something like a caddy?
                          I was wondering the exact same thing. On the Daytona forum there is a member who wants to sell parts off his daytona and he can't (he is asking outrageous prices) so he wants to sell his bike too and then get a kawasaki so that he was a bike he can sell parts off of all so he can get 1000 GPB which he needs for some reason.
                          TiM

Comment

There's always people looking for pre 98 parts on KR..so between us and ebay you ought to make out well if you decide to part it out.

Comment

I might want Dibs on the carbs if you part it out.
                              An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

Working...
                              X