X

Newbie with GSX600F project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with GSX600F project

Newbie here! Bought a scabby but complete '89 GSX600F and have completely stripped it as I plan to rebuild it and fit either a Suzuki Bandit 1200 engine in it or a GSX100F motor. Can't decide whether to keep the front and rear ends stock or swap them both out for something more modern, maybe a USD front end from a newer bike and swinging arm with wider rear wheel? Basically I'm after building a bit of "sleeper" and want to keep the bike looking as stock as possible. Any pointers greatly appreciated!

by the sounds of it you're just looking to use the kat frame as a building point for something else. i'd say your time and money would be better put into an older GSXR SRAD frame as they are built better and lighter and you'll surely have an easier time finding compatible parts

anyhow welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome aboard. There's a few write ups on grafting on new front ends. New swinger would be a lot of work though.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. Sounds like a very big project (both time and money)...

Comment

Use the search for forks and swing arm mods. Take your time, rushing things threw= a nice looking mess..
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by Max Vador View Post
            by the sounds of it you're just looking to use the kat frame as a building point for something else. i'd say your time and money would be better put into an older GSXR SRAD frame as they are built better and lighter and you'll surely have an easier time finding compatible parts

anyhow welcome to KR
            The SRAD doesn't interest me, it's a completely different type of bike, I had a Hayabusa last but I've always liked the look of the GSX600F (Katana in the states)or "Teapot" as it's known over here I want it to look mostly stock but with a bit more kick, that's the whole idea. I've also previously owned a 1980 GSX750ES that had a GSXR750J motor in it along with Bandit running gear, again a street sleeper, so that's the direction I want to go with this build. This seems a great site with lots of info, so I'm hoping to find lots of pointers

Comment

Working...
            X