X

first ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first ride

i finally got the beast out of the garage. i overlooked tightening some things but catastrophe was avoided other than a busted speedo cable. i didn't have front brakes and the plates are expired so i didn't ride to much but it was fun. it felt really good to get out and let the beast roar. i love the way she screams up around 8000 rpm and can hardly wait to piss off everyone in town as i leave for the farm at 6:00AM.

i changed the stock 107.5 main to a 122.5 as per the vance and hines suggestions. i didn't change the pilot but may have to. once it ran for a bit it coughed a little idlling. overall though i am very happy with the end result. the jump in main jet made a noticable difference in power. a little fine tuning and it will be perfect.

the bike is a '82 gs1100s katana

Re: first ride

Originally posted by mcneilk
    a little fine tuning and it will be perfect.
    Yeah.. Like front brakes!
    That Kat looks to be in fine shape. Don't crater riding with no brakes please!!

Comment

Re: first ride

Originally posted by Black_peter
      Originally posted by mcneilk
      a little fine tuning and it will be perfect.
      Yeah.. Like front brakes!
      That Kat looks to be in fine shape. Don't crater riding with no brakes please!!
      what the heck is crater riding?? i don't like the sounds of that even with brakes.

Comment

'82 kat

got brakes
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Those old Kats look nice. I may have to expand my collection!
          It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Comment

Ahhhh, a REAL Katana....nice!

Stock jet was 107.5?? My 1100EF had 122.5 as stock (???).

Anyway, if it's having trouble idling it's the idle / mixture screws. Setting for stock exhausts were 3 and a half turns out - try this first and then move in half a turn to richen (it's pretty much trial and error).

Comment

Working...
            X