Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

my katana wont run properly.... help please!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my katana wont run properly.... help please!

hello! its my first time posting on these sites but iv been riding for 3 years or so. i have a katana 750 94 and its having idleing issues and sence i took it to a bike shop its started backfiring.. i had the carbs cleaned and alligned plus they changed the plugs and all that but now its choke's plunger will get stuck open if touched. it will also stall when it warms up if i leave it to idle while on the road or come to an abrupt stop.the idle itself will go between 1000 to 1300 fairly fast. i not sure what the problem is and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas. any help would be appreciated thank you!

Originally posted by luker View Post
    hello! its my first time posting on these sites but iv been riding for 3 years or so. i have a katana 750 94 and its having idleing issues and sence i took it to a bike shop its started backfiring.. i had the carbs cleaned and alligned plus they changed the plugs and all that but now its choke's plunger will get stuck open if touched. it will also stall when it warms up if i leave it to idle while on the road or come to an abrupt stop.the idle itself will go between 1000 to 1300 fairly fast. i not sure what the problem is and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas. any help would be appreciated thank you!

Any chance you can work on it yourself instead of taking it to a shop?

Figure i might get that out of the way before posting a "30 step" check list only to have a response "I can't do that myself, I'll take it to a shop."

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Why not just take it back and say " Hey its not right " or like he said are you ready for a 30 step check list lol

Comment

Welcome, by the way.

I do all my own work just because of problems like that. I hated paying a so-called professional to experiment on my bike and still not having it run right.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

ya i have to call them tomorrow to see what they will do. but desides that i should be able to check most things on the bike i just cant sync the carbs due to lack of tools.

Comment

I think the carbtune is $90 from the manufacturer, or so the currency exchanger calculator on their site tells me...is it cheaper new anywhere else? Excluding borrowing one from a friend.

Comment

Working...
            X