No announcement yet.
X

cleaning my gas tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand that kreem will break down and create problems down the road. I don't like wasting time or money so I purchased POR 15. Anything else is an uncertain to me. Vinegar might get it cleaner, but why not seal it? It's about 50 bucks, spend it knowing rust won't be an issue in your lifetime... I've been accused of being stubborn and slow to change, get por15 and never have to worry if your tank is gonna push your crap in later.

Comment

If you question how great Por15 is ...
      Then you have no idea what you are doing ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Used Kreem for 20 years before I found a quality product.

POR15 is the BEST. Kreem only covers the rust and after a few years its going to start falling apart on the top side of the tank from the heat/cool.
        fact it Kreeem is barely an OK product

POR15 the tank and its sealed for EVER

for sealing the petcock holes I just used a piece of rubber inner tube and cardboard base to hold it in place.
        Last edited by hardlydangerous; 07-22-2012, 06:57 PM.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by XXWoodmanXX View Post
          I've had excellent success with the Kreem ABC kit. Got it from Motorcycle Maxx a few weeks ago
          Thats why you've had good luck with it
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The best way to clean a rusty tank:

Toilet Bowl Cleaner (Such as "The Works") Get like 3 quarts of this and dump it in your tank- make sure you take out the petcock.

Comment

Working...
            X